All reviews west wing main building alona beach great pool swimming pool ceiling fan minute walk to the beach stayed here for nights public areas laundry service budget hotel rooms are clean tricycle ride cable tv bottled water beach area towels
Reviewed 9 April 2012

very nice and clean rooms , well maintained hotel and pool area with affordable prices and friendly staff. if you like silence at night , this hotel is highly recommended and the walk to the beach is better than party all the time like in beachfront accommodations i'll come back here next time

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stephan D
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This review is a little late but I decided to write one on this hotel because the nice experience my wife and had. Going to Bohol was a last minute plan but we are so glad we did. We took an ocean jet fast ferry from Cebu to the port of Tagbilaran. We were greeted by a very friendly women who arranged transport for us to the hotel and gave a great deal on a ac van for the price of a taxi. On the way the driver offered us tour package for the next day and for the price we thought it was a great deal. We arrived at the hotel and check in was fast and easy. The hotel was very nice and the pool looked very inviting. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were only staying for one night so it would not have mattered anyway we were just happy to be on Panglao island. It's not a beach front hotel but it's only a few minutes away by foot. I was disapointed with Alona beach it was not as nice has I had heard and the locals told me not to swim because of sea urchins. I was told there are nicer beaches on the island so next time we will have to find them. All in all the we found some good bars and the people were very friendly. The next day we took our tour I forgot the name but we went to chocolate hills and did the luboc river cruise. Very nice times on panglao island and Bohol in general. We will be coming back again next time we are in the Philippines and I would stay at the Panglao Regents Park again.
Just need to stay for much longer

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mastodon38
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We just got back from Regent park hotel, stayed 4 nites.
Overall very good experience, hotel is new(ish) good swiming pool- though very deep at one end (is this for diver training i wonder).
Food in resturant was good, but menu a little limited.

However you need to be aware, this hotel is some way (1km), from the beach- a longish walk, or short tricycle ride.- family's with small childern take note.
Also despite what their website says, there is NO dive shop in hotel complex (at 1km from beach, that's not surprising).
But overall i would still recomend (even though i'd happily pay a little extra to be a beach front next time!)

Room tip: They now have a new anex on otherside of road to main hotel & are offering "opening discounts" as of March 2012
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MrGrimsdale025
Reviewed 12 March 2012

were 3 adults and 1 toddler. We stayed here for 6D/5N and it was really fun and we enjoyed the whole time of our stay.My husband is an American loves the good & friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, good service, and just a few minutes walk to the beach. Thier food is good tho a little bit pricy but its worth. And if you want to try different variety of food, there are plenty of choices around the area. The room rates are very reasonable compare to other places. Free wifi. We would definitely recommend this place. Most ammenities are located at the main building although the annex building offer lower room rates than the main building, I would still recommend to the rooms in the main cause it has a nicer view. we stayed at superior deluxed room.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dave08_12
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I would say the best thing going for this hotel is the value and the nicely-maintained pool area. We booked our accommodations for Alona Beach during a busy February period, and all of the resorts situated on the beach were fully booked or way too expensive (Eskaya). A stay at this resort hotel is fine as long as you don't mind mind the 10-15 minute walk or a quicker habal-habal (motorbike) ride for 10 pesos down the street to the beach. Many resto and cafe options are a closer walk, or many more on Alona Beach. Rooms are very basic with tile floor and the bathroom small with stand up shower but was clean. The pool area is quite nice, but there were never enough chaise lounges (only 8 while I was there for a week). Free wifi but neither my friend or I could get an adequate signal from our ground level room in front of the table areas - and which was strangely only about 15 metres away from the router in the lobby! We had to keep our bathroom window closed at night because there was quite a lot of noise from the table areas from early in the morning and later in the evening. The hotel offers in-room masseuse service for a reasonable price and staff were generally very friendly.

Room tip: The ground level rooms in front of the table area and pool can be loud (staff in the early morning and guests talking around the pool at night).
Date of stay: February 2012