I spent 5 days at this hotel as i was traveling solo and was mainly Scuba diving and seeing the island.
Hotel rooms are spotless, and well-appointed for the price point. I paid 1800 pesos per night for a standard room, the deluxe was a little nicer as i looked at them as well but since i had nobody to impress the standard worked, just no "pool" view.
I looked at many rooms while i was there and this is the best all-around choice if you are willing to compromise and not be on the beach. It literally is a 5-7 minute walk by all of the restaurants that you want to eat at. Food that i had at the hotel was good, although i preferred eating out (the pancakes for breakfast are crepes and great)
Staff is nothing short of amazing, young and energetic. A couple of the bartenders spent time talking to me, which was nice as i was solo. Would come back, based on staff alone. Pool is great and in the middle of the hotel, everyone staying there seemed to use it, but never crowded. I prefer the beach and spent my time there.
Alona is a small area, so dont worry to much about location.
ISIS is great Thai food and one of the best restaurants in the area
I also had several roasted chickens from the stand across from Helmuts.....they were good and had several option...this is more of a stand than a nice sit-down restaurant. Good priced and nice people
Taxi from the airport is easily negotiable to 400 pesos
A private car for the day runs 2000 pesos (as many people as you can fit, 2000 is for the car) Saw the small monkeys, this was a highlight. Chocolate hills were nice. Definitely do this island tour; it takes about 5 hours, 6 if you do the Luboc boat cruise. (Food isn’t good on the cruises unless you are the first group)
Private boat for island hoping is 1500 pesos; make them provide the snorkeling gear at this price. (Cheap for a group, since you get the whole boat)
Scuba with all equipment is 1500 per dive; good with lots of Turtles.....saw 4-8 on every dive. Corals were nice, not a lot of large fish that i saw. I dove with to different shops, Bohol divers and Scuba World. Scuba World has many UK based dive masters and better equipment, would recommend them. Pick the dive outfit based on where they are going, Basciligas Island and Pamilican Island are the better options
Great bar very close to ISIS, owned by an Aussie....opened 7 weeks ago. (Panglao Birdwatchers bar) Spend a lot of time here! on the water, and clean. He also has 9 rooms for rent, but I didn’t stay there so cant comment….only 1800.
Great Island, very relaxed and not a huge party scene. Lots of drinking but reserved, lots of comments that it’s the new Boracay and better priced with more to do on the island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panglao Regents Park Resort in Panglao, Bohol, Philippines. Reserve your rooms online to receive instant confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Panglao Regents Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panglao Regents Park Hotel Panglao Island
- Panglao Regents Park Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island