See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Recently stayed here while walking from Lucca to Sienna on the St. Francigena Camino.
Staff unfriendly, difficult to figure why we could not get a beer before 5/5.30!!
Menu options limited, we were walking as pilgrims but compared to the facilities at all the other places we stayed this was a "rip off", would not recommend.
We were also ripped off when leaving in the morning, cost us 70 euro for 3 pre-dinner drinks, a bottle of wine and 2 bottles of water!!! We paid on average 20 euro at all the other places we stayed where standards were very much higher.
It is also off the beaten track, especially for walkers.
Looks like a place more interested in catering for weddings.

Room tip: no comment
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ca r
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Walking the Via Francigena with friends. The hotel is a couple of kilometres off the trail. The hotel is geared towards middle-aged women in its decor--which didn't fit our group. The rooms are clean, spacious and well furnished, with the rooms theme painted instead of numbers. (Mine was the butterfly room.) I found the decor creepy, but I'm a guy. It felt like the sort of place to bring my mother. Or grandmother.

The room was too hot because there was no way to turn off the heat. Opening the window invited lots of mid-October mosquitoes. It was hard to sleep.

Wine was expensive with no choice apart from red or white.

I'm looking forward to getting back on the walking trail to the next town. And away from this hotel.

That said, some of my travelling companions liked this place.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank geoffyvr
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Lovely hotel with good facilities and spectacular view. Nice big well furnished rooms. However when we checked my walking friend and I checked into our twin room it was a double and the receptionist demanded extra money to convert it to a twin despite our booking clearly stating that it should be a twin. At dinner we were told that there was no wine list (in a 4* hotel?) and were offered a "local" bottle without being told the price. It was 30 euros! The next morning we went to pay our bill but there were no records of what we owed. Frantic and long winded calls to the evening staff, now at home and off duty, to try to determine what we owed. There was almost no-one at dinner or staying the night. If this is still open at the end of the 2016 season I will be surprised.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lanchester71
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Group of 16. Interesting, artistic decor. Clean, spacious & pleasant. Enjoyed Italian evening meal "seafood pasta , very good breakfast. Rooms with baths and showers (I had a little issue with shower plumbing) Would definitely return if ever back this way.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Secret Escapes and paid, what we thought, was a fair amount of money and therefore expected 4 star quality, as advertised. However I would not describe this hotel as a 4 star establishment. From the outside it looks impressive, however the inside looks tired and dated. One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was because it had a pool, but this aspect was perhaps the most disappointing of our experience. Aside from the water being really very cold, the area was ridden with mosquitoes and the pool area in general was clearly a bit neglected (unemptied ashtrays lying around) - I don't think the staff visited this area frequently. Our room was spacious which was nice, but the reception area constantly smelled strongly of smoke thanks to the chain smoking receptionist, and the wifi was only available if you were down in reception. On the plus side, the breakfast was extensive and the evening meal in the restaurant also very good. To top off our experience, the welcome drink, free glass of wine and complimentary meat and cheese board (promised when we booked) were no where to be seen! Will not be going back!

Date of stay: August 2015