2,507 results
All reviews thomas land driving range leisure facilities steam room swimming pool lovely hotel great facilities family room wedding venue executive room wedding reception excellent stay hathaways bar changing rooms evening meal the pub weekend break
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Our group of 2 couples booked for 2 night stay arriving on New Years Eve for the gala dinner and dance. The stay from arrival to departure cannot be described as anything else but first class. The staff, food, rooms and organisation were impeccable and we cannot think of a single thing on which there could be improvement. The hotel management must be very proud of the professionalism and performance of their staff, it is impossible to single out by name anyone for recognition as they all performed superbly.

We will be returning and we will be telling all of our friends and contacts of our enjoyable experience. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Christmas is a time when families come together and celebrate and that is what we were doing. We arrived in the atrium for our champagne - the glasses were half full rather than 3/4 full. We were given our drinks and then left to wait for 10 minutes whilst 2 bar staff and 2 waitresses walked around us and never once explained what we were supposed to do next. Eventually a waiter said 'we will come and see to you in a minute'. a couple of minutes later were shown to our table. Quite a while after that we were offered a bread roll - however one member of our family wasn't even offered a roll for some reason! We were given our menus and we had to ask for the wine list as by this time we had no drinks left. The Prosecco was £30 a bottle - seemed very expensive to us as most restaurants serve bottles of prosecco for around £20. Our first course was brought to us - 2 of us at the lobster bisque and we couldn't eat it because it was so salty and only lukewarm served in cold soup bowls. We left the bisque and we were asked if we wanted anything else - as the only choices were melon or pate and we don't like those choices we said no. Then some time later the main course was brought to us. It was supposed to be turkey however this turkey was oval shaped - so clearly not carved off the bone. Frankly I couldn't eat it. The Brussel sprouts were yellowy green and over-cooked. So many of us left the turkey. The Christmas pudding was pleasant but again the bowls were cold. The waiter didn't charge us for our Prosecco as he was so sorry about us not enjoying our meal - this is why I have rated the experience as a '2' and not a '1'. He was doing his best to put the situation right on behalf of the hotel/restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018

What a fabulous time I had at the New Years Eve Ball. The food was great and plentiful and the staff were extremely helpful, nothing was too much for them. I stayed overnight in a really comfy bed and had the best breakfast i have had for a long time. Once again the staff were delightful. I really did not want to leave but will be booking a spa package soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Stated one night good access welcoming staff superb standard of rooms and pretty good facilities
Can’t fault this place fir the price
One criticism very variable heating in various parts of the hotel
Bedroom too cold and air con not powerful enough
In restaurant too hot so hot I had to leave before I had finished my breakfast
But congrats to management and staff really nice place to stay with excellent value and the pool was great

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Well were do i start i rang the property in the morning of my arrival to ask if it was possible if i could have an early check in to be told that the room i was vacated for the night had not been used the night before so check in would be possible a lunch time which i agreed that lunch time would be perfect and the conversation ended. I arrived about 15 mins before lunch time and the girl on the check in said the room was ready and got me to sign the key card booklet and the car registration paper, she then continued to take the room rate and then added there will be a charge for early check in of £20 WHAT!!!!! i repeated it back and said i wasn't told about any additional charge the cost wasn't a problem but not to be warned about the additional cost over the phone i wasn't going to pay it so the girl said i could check in for 3pm free of charge so i replied with its only 1145 what am i meant to do till then baring in mind i have a young child with me not mentioning that he also is autistic and does not understand about waiting so my partner said we could use the facilities to be told that we would not be allowed as we need to check in first she said we could go and sit in the bar what for that amount of time. We was about to walk off and she said i will talk to the manager and see if i can get something done for yourselves. We walk to the bar where we sat in the conservatory where there was table and chairs set out so we sat at the table we must of been invisible cause there were that many waitresses walked past us and never said can we help you or nothing 12pm came and we was still waiting the waitresses were laughing and joking and setting the other tables up with cutlery and bottled water and glasses but missed our table out didn't even ask would we be eating or drinking then 12.30pm came and the girl from the front desk appeared and said she had spoken to her manager who had said cause nothing was said about an additional cost and cause the room was ready that we could check in early for free if we wanted to make our way to the front desk when we was ready we was just about to walk out if i have to be honest they were so rude. We got to our room which didn't look like any of the pictures on booking or on trip advisor the TV wouldn't work at first as the batteries in the remote were running out the child's bed well it was a very dangerous metal frame and small although at the time of booking we were told there would be a double and a single bed but it was a put me up bed which was very low and small and the double bed was to soft but seeing it was for 1 night we thought it would do. We goes downstairs to the restaurant which was very expensive for both food and drink which we didnt know until we ordered i had a bottle of coke, my partner had a pint of lager and my son already had a drink we also ordered a snack which was 2 bowls of chips and cheese, a ham sandwich with salad garnishing and crisps with a portion of chips and i ordered coleslaw but i never received that i received another portion of chips which costed me £31.70 i dread to think how much it would of been if i had ordered some proper food. We went back to our room to get our swim wear and went down to use the facilities it was very quiet on a arrival in the spa and pool which was nice but the young lad said they hadn't got anymore towels so we would have to wait and he would bring them in whilst we was swimming there was no disabled changing room which we have as my son is quite difficult to change and stand still whilst you get dressed so its easier to have a bigger changing room so we can all get dressed together we both go off and get ready where the ladies changing room was empty but the male changing room was abit more fuller i get to the pool area and there was one person swimming so we went and got in the pool was freezing cold the Jacuzzi was nice and warm and the steam room was ok but i have been in better we swam for about 45 mins and then it started to get more people in so we got out and went and got dressed the changing room was very cold there was no heating in there and was very dirty had cobwebs on the ceiling to the top of the lockers. At the night time we went to sleep which was ok but could hear people walking backwards and forwards and then in the morning when we was woke up by children shouting and screaming in the corridor and knocking on peoples door who were very loud so the rooms are very poorly soundproofed so we got up and went on upon check out the lady never asked us our i stay was or anything she just took the key off us and that was it would i return based on this stay no i wouldn't and i wouldn't even recommend to my friends i feel i was taken of all my money and for what NOTHING it was horrible.

Room Tip: Dont bother save your money
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family