2,503 results
All reviews thomas land driving range leisure facilities steam room swimming pool lovely hotel great facilities family room wedding venue executive room wedding reception excellent stay hathaways bar changing rooms evening meal the pub weekend break
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We normally eat at Swinfen Hall on Xmas day and had left it a bit late to book this year so we managed to get a table here. On arrival we were greeted by a young girl who poured us champagne and we all sat in an atrium type room whilst we waited for our table to become available.

I was a little sceptical about what we had let ourselves in for as looking across the room to a large family who reminded me of one of those families form that programme ‘my big fat gypsy wedding’, also there were a few others who clearly hadn’t heard of the words ‘dress code’ including Madge from Benidorm who was celebrating her 107th birthday in a short skirt and trainers. However they all seemed to pile into a different room that we were in.

Anyway after a while no one seemed to come and get us so we walked up to the restaurant entrance as had to wait a little while so someone could seat us. Then I was thinking what if the service here is going to be a little sketchy? Most of the waiting staff appeared to be barely legal for serving alcohol, let alone have any waiting experience so I went in with an open mind.

But from then on in, any scepticism went out the window once we were seated in the corner of the room on a lovely spacious table.
Polite and attentive staff catered for our every need, our starters came out perfectly and tasted great. The wine flowed and as the bottles ran low staff came to the table. The Christmas dinner was quite simply superb and I loved it. We all loved it. My dad said it tasted better than Swinfen Hall.
Everyone loved the desserts and the cheeses at the end. Well done to the hard working staff who made our Christmas Day dinner wonderful and I feel bad for doubting you at the start. You quite simply excelled at everything.

Sometimes it’s not all about fine dining and Michelin rated chefs. The team at LM nailed it with a perfect Christmas dinner for all. Hell we might even come again! Thank you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Docmatt
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on the Friday night before Christmas as a surprise getaway for my 40th birthday. We had a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable evening. There was a wedding on but the staff still made all non wedding party guests feel welcome. Every single member of staff was friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and we truly felt very well looked after. The family room that we occupied was very modern and spacious. We ate in the bar for evening meal. Very relaxed atmosphere with food and service spot on. Breakfast also was faultless. Well done to the whole team here as you're all doing a great job!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I stay at the Lea Marston hotel visiting my granddaughter who lives near by, I am a lone traveller so I need somewhere safe, clean and helpful all three of these things the Lea Marston provides, the food in the bar and restaurant is as good as you would get in any other restaurant or bar all good all rounder

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Stayed for two nights as part of a Work's event - we had a great time. The staff did everything they could - they were awesome.

The rooms were spacious and well appointed, with nice en-suites. Particularly liked the spongy flooring in the shower - different!

Nice big TV in the room with full Sky.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty good too.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
LeaMarstonHotelTeam, Manager at Lea Marston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Richy1708

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your works event with us and appreciate your great feedback about our team. We think they are awesome as well and please be assured we have shared your feedback with them.

We are really pleased that you liked your room, we have had a few comments about the spongy floor in our bathrooms being unique.

It's great to hear that you would choose to stay with us again and we really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards

The Lea Marston Team

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Spa was fine. Had 3 great treatments, mud rasul was amazing followed by a neroli massage and facial. The staff I had in spa were fabulous and professional. As for the hotel... everything fine until dinner. We had to use pub because they had closed restaurant and other bar through December on Fridays and Saturdays. I wish they had informed us upon booking as they were much nicer than pub style. Felt that was very bad on part of hotel. Staff in bar and serving were extremely young and inexperienced and it showed. This does not reflect kindly on the hotel. The food was pretty poor at best. The level and type you would expect from a Hungry Horse pub not a 4 star hotel. Breakfast food was not great either. The choice was fine but quality was poor. I have stayed in equivalent hotels and they shame the Lea Marston. So disappointed as went away with a friend for a relaxing break to unwind. Definitely wont be recommending! Gutted

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cath B

Dear Cathy B,

Thank you for your review, we are really sorry to hear that there were parts of your stay that you were unhappy with especially following your amazing experience in our Spa.

Our restaurant is available during December, in an alternative conservatory so our guests are able to enjoy a relaxed dining experience away from Christmas party celebrations and we are sorry that this was not an option you were offered on the occasion of your stay.

We take our guest feedback seriously and whilst it is disappointing to hear that you felt the service and food at dinner did not meet with your expectations. We appreciate your comments where you feel your experience could have been improved and we have acted on them.

We are really sorry for the upset caused to you and your friend and would really like the opportunity to discuss your stay and restore your faith in us. We have contacted your friend and would welcome the chance to speak with you personally. Should you wish to please do contact me at heidi.bryan@leamarstonhotel.co.uk.

Kindest Regards