• Restaurant
All reviewsred squirrelsgolden eaglelake viewjacuzzi bathart decostunning locationhigh streetrain showerremote locationlake districtoff the beaten trackboth nightsmodern bathroomcumbrian breakfastevening mealpeace and quietsitting area
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights ,food,service,atmosphere great .great wildlife and lovely setting.good menu ,I had short rib of beef on horseradish mash with veg,my wife had lamb shank .both was cooked lovely .red squirrels can be fed and are a treat to watch,also birds feeding,finches.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Des T
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Yesterday on a lovely walk around Haweswater Reservoir I managed to lose my car keys! There is no mobile signal and I called into the hotel (I am not staying there) and the staff were absolutely outstanding, sympathetic, helpful and very kind. The reception manager allowed me to use the landline to call my husband and the owner of the cottage (whose number he found on the internet for me), where I am staying inn Reagill. I was invited to wait in a comfy chair in the lounge (with my dog that everyone petted and made a fuss of), I had a drink whilst waiting for my lift and the dog was provided with water. Today I re did the walk and miraculously found my car key! I again called into the hotel this time for a celebratory drink and some lunch. The staff were genuinely thrilled that I had found my keys and again allowed me to use the phone to call the cottage owner who had given me a lift to the start of the walk. This is customer service beyond the usual standard and I fully intend to come back and stay hopefully later this year with my husband (and dog!). Well done all of you and thank you all for your kindness. The welsh rarebit I had for lunch was the most delicious I have ever tasted too!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank sharranrigbysmith
HaweswaterHotel, General Manager at Haweswater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

We just think it's amazing you found your keys, what a story!
We look forward to welcoming you and your dog back and meeting your husband.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The staff really make this hotel - they are magic! They all work hard, are pleasant, helpful, polite, considerate and multi-tasking. Then, you have the red squirrels, rushing round and making sure that everyone takes their picture. It is impossible not to relax here. Great breakfast, very quickly served. Cosy, comfortable lounge - all to enjoy.
Just make sure that you tip with cash!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My boyfriend and i came for a trip here last October and will be returning here in April. It was in a fantastic location with wonderful scenery and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were second to none, the food was delicious and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was great! I would definitely recommend staying here. One of the staff, Jessica was very helpful and gave us lots of useful tips to ensure we made the most of our trip!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We came for a family celebration on one of the coldest, snowiest weekends of the year and had a great warm welcomw in this comfortable hotel overlooking the splendid Haweswater reservoir. The staff were, without exception, courteous, helpful and always happy to assist or to provide information about local walks and other activities. There were several children and two dogs included in our party and all were welcomed and catered for without any difficulty. The accommodation was clean and comfortable with WiFi available in most areas though mobile phone signal is not strong in some parts of the hotel. The food in the restaurant was excellent though a little bit more choice for vegetarians would be welcome. Breakfast was lovely - and enhanced by watching the many birds and the red squirrels feeding on the bird tables and on the lawns just outside the windows. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Overlooking the reservoir.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family