“Beautiful location”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tpaulus3
Vail, Arizona
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 18 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Had a great time, and the scenery was awesome! Beautiful facilities, and the property manager was also a big help. Spent a lot of time exploring the area. We learned a great deal from the people we met in the town of Nuevo Arenal, as well as Tyler, and some property owners. Would love to re-locate to this area of Costa Rica.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The humidity, mosquitos. Doors were not screened.
Aleksandr...
“Dream destination”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

There is literally not enough words to describe the amazing amenities and luxurious accommodations at Casa Blanca. The hosts and property manager were always in contact to ensure our stay was the best it could be, going above and beyond on all counts - we couldn't have asked for anything more... except more time to stay at this beautiful vacation spot. Thank you Ty, Marc and Michele!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: all the amenities and the views!
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Danielle...
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I can't even begin to describe the beauty of this property. It was the highlight of our trip. We wish we would have spent the whole trip here as once we arrived it was hard to leave. The seclusion aspect of it was incredible, we were the only ones on this whole lot of 4 houses. The scenery, landscaping and view of Lake Arenal is amazing. There are so many peaceful vibes radiating from this place!! My son said he wants to live there forever! Great location to reach all the area has to offer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND: follow the signs for the local butcher.. best rib-eye I ever had (for next to nothing). Take it back to the wood burning grill on the property and enjoy the sunset! Thank you Taylor for being so accessible and helpful. Your reviews, recommendations, directions and friendliness went along way! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOOKING IT UP AND FOR HELPING US MAKE OUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE! WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lounging areas to enjoy the scenery!
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
matzlm
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Casa Blanca was our last (of 5) rental during our Costa Rica trip. Without doubt this was the very best..Beautiful architecture, great view, perfect kitchen, high quality furniture, nice garden, ... . Thanks to Marc and Michelle.

Jess M
Longview, Washington
“Beautiful villa, property and view”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed for two nights in May of 2016 and even after seeing the beautiful pictures online, the property did not disappoint. The owner, Marc, was very prompt and helpful in his email replies prior to and after booking . Ty, his property manager was also willing to assist us with any questions via email or phone prior to our stay and during our stay. We called Ty twice the afternoon of our arrival to update him on our driving progress (we were coming from Monteverde Cloud Forest). It was dark when we arrived in Nuevo Arenal and when we drove past Gingerbread Restaurant and didn’t see signs for Casa Blanca, we went back to the Gingerbread parking lot and called Ty. TIP: In the dark, the Casa Blanca sign and gate might as well be invisible. If you’re in the parking lot looking at the Gingerbread Restaurant, at the right/East end of the parking lot, there is a large stone and iron gate to drive through. We didn’t see it at all. The next day, in the light, you can also see an iron sign near the gate, hanging by the road that says “Casa Blanca.” Ty was at Casa Blanca when we pulled in and since we were in a hurry to go back out and get dinner, he kindly obliged us with a quick but thorough tour of the property.

It’s as beautiful as the pictures, if not moreso. I wish we’d booked Casa Blanca for a longer stay. The entire property is beautiful and feels secluded and private. I really appreciated knowing that only one rental at Casa Blanca is booked at a time, so you can enjoy the grounds, hammocks, spa, etc. in privacy. We had no problems with the WIFI during our stay (including during a thunderstorm).

I would rent Casa Blanca again in a heartbeat if we came back to Nuevo Arenal but keep in mind, this is Costa Rica. There is no A/C at the property. Not all the doors have screens. And there are some bugs. After living in Houston for a decade, I’m used to annoying, biting bugs (mosquitoes, etc.) but I never got bit while in Costa Rica because it’s not those kinds of bugs. The bugs don’t fly around you or bother you (it's more like moths that fly around the lights). There is beautiful netting around the main bed in Villa I. But my husband swears that in the middle of the first night, there was either a bat or bird in the house. I was so tired, I didn’t care and told him it would fly back out. We never saw any evidence of anything like that the next morning. We slept better the second night when we opened the front doors also, for a cross breeze. And, in addition to the ceiling fans throughout the property, we used the standing floor fan from the second bedroom to blow on us as we slept. The floor fan also helped provide white noise in the morning, otherwise, the birds and insects and howler monkeys can be heard while still trying to sleep (by around 5AM). But this is why you come to Costa Rica! We found it best during all of our travels in Costa Rica to just go to bed around 8PM or 9PM and get up by 5AM. Having the lights on once it’s dark (after 7PM), just attracts bugs anyway and the sun and wildlife wake you up in the morning.

I did see a monkey in the tree, out the beautiful, large window when cooking breakfast and there were several kinds of beautiful birds to be seen from the spa and balcony. Casa Blanca is peaceful, wonderful and beautiful and Marc and Ty are great to work with. I’d highly recommend this beautiful oasis in Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica.

Liked best: Privacy, view/backyard
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing