“Wonderful Property - Great Management”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Tim and A...
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“Wonderful Property - Great Management”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We recently returned from Costa Rica and stayed at Casa Blanca for five nights. From our first contact with the owners the response was positive and very responsive. We received excellent and helpful information ahead of time.Ty, the property manager met us at Villa II and gave us a thorough tour of the house and facilities. Throughout our stay he was always available for questions or to provide local advice and tips.

The house itself was very clean and exceeded our expectations. It was well maintained and well stocked with everything we needed. The view from the villa was gorgeous and we spent a lot of time relaxing on the patio and enjoying the variety of birds that frequented the property. We spotted over 40 species just from the patio and the yard. The views from the patio across the lake are spectacular. We were only two people but the house has plenty of room for another couple or a family. The design was very much to our liking with plenty of light and it allowed the breezes to flow through nicely.

The Neuvo Arenal area is friendly and the town has two well stocked supermarkets, a bank, pharmacy and several restaurants. You can get fresh fruit and veggies every day from a local vendor at very reasonable prices. Temperatures are pleasant and the rain didn't last long when it came through. Be prepared to be startled if you haven't experienced a heavy downpour in the middle of the night on a metal roof. The Gingerbread House restaurant at the base of the hill is excellent and we can see why it is top-rated.

You will likely have a car if you're going through this area and it is a great area to explore. We did one day trip to the Arenal area but other than that we remained close by. You can walk into town but it is about a 15-20 minute walk although taxis are cheap if you're carrying a load.

All in all this is a wonderful property and the it looks every bit as good in reality as it does on the website. Clean, well-appointed and well managed - a great spot to relax and enjoy a less hectic area of Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The design and layout of the house and the view.
Liked least: We had to leave.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Rick Z
“Delightful positive experience in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

this stay was so much more than I expected. The property manager Ty Madill was awesome. This was our first trip to Costa Rica and I didn't know what to expect. He met us at the property, showed us around and then help us plan our visit. He even helped us save some money on discounts to the spas.

The property is in a beautiful location about a 30 minute drive from La Fortuna and about 5 minutes from Nuevo Arenal where there is a gas station and grocery store. We were 4 adults staying in Villa 1 with a grand view of Lake Arenal. The beds were comfortable and everything worked as expected. Ty mentioned that the owner may be installing an infinity pool which would make this even sweeter.

The building and grounds were beautiful. A washer and dryer was available and we had to clean it out due to some bugs that had fallen it. I'd highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Costa Rica.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the helpfulness of the property manager Ty
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
CA, USA
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Walkingto...
“Beautiful house with beautiful view.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Blanca . The location was superb and the house was gorgeous. We loved sitting on the porch and watching the birds during the day and the amazing stars at night. The location was great for day trips to Arenal and Montverde. Nuevo Arenal was a nice town with plenty of tasty restaurants. Gingerbread was an incredible restaurant.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing