“Girls summer vacation 2027”

Sandy Point Village
Ranked #13 of 20 Crown Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

So every 1 year we try to organise a girls vacation. So my cousins and friends booked this self contained apartment for a three days two nights holiday. Their was 6 women in total, reception was clean and very help. We were told during the booking of this apartment we could use all facilities during our stay and free wifi is available around the compound. We decided to try the many different pools and eventually found a hot tub and pool which we love in Sandy Point Beach Club. We were their for over 1 hour then a security guy ask us our room number which we provided. The security later told us we should not be using this facilities because it's not for us only Sandy Point Beach Club guest. The wifi never worked in Sandy Point Village only when you went along the beach very very close to Sandy Point Beach Club. I was very disappointed and let down by the lack of modern technology and incorrect information provided.

The Apartment was clean and welcoming and very good location.

Thanks
Reana

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reana B

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Despite all the bad reviews I've read this hotel was really great. I experienced no issues during my stay. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the pool was beautiful and the room was always cleaned. There was housekeeping that put fresh towels everyday and even made our beds. The hotel is also close to great beaches and nightlife. The restaurant food tasted great and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms and food are affordable. My family and I can't wait to travel to Tobago again for another stay at Sandy Point Village.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ziva H
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Firstly I am a travel agent so I booked this hotel for one of my client to which I was supposed to have paid up front, after completing their credit card authorisation form I was told they client would have to present card upon arrival, so obviously that couldn't work. After having a lengthy discussion with Ms. Solomon (the supervisor) it was decided the client would pay on arrival. Any ways after the client checked in I got a call stating my credit card has been reversed for the charges (at this point I had no idea what she was speaking about), as I thought it was the client's card she was speaking about so I gave her his contact. The next day when I went online I saw where my cc was charged, I immediately called and spoke to Ms. Solomon who said the charges were reversed so I told her I'm not seeing it can you please email me a copy of the receipt (she was more upset than me). To this day I haven't received anything after numerous calls and abuse from her.
At this point I had already booked for my family and my friends family for a wedding in early May. When I booked they said we will be getting a two bedroom apartment which I was fine with. My friend got in early me so she checked in before me, she immediately called me and said there is only one bedroom so I called Ms. Solomon who again was very upset that I called and hang up on me without even bothering to check on the room. By the time my family and I got there it was 9:30pm so we were tired and didn't bother to make a scene, my husband my 4 year old son and myself had to sleep on a couch as there was no bed for us. The next morning we decided to look for another hotel close by, luckily we was able to get crown point 2 minutes away (thank God). After checking out they told us we were given the wrong room!! Can you believe these people.Not an apology from the Manager or anyone in charge.
Their service is the worse, would never go there or recommend or sell to any one ever!!! By the way Ms. Solomon you should not b holding a supervisors position as you need to go back to school and learn how communication skills.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mrw85
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel many years ago and were contemplating staying again so
Me and my family (parents, wife and daughter) decided to check it out and have breakfast.

We entered the breakfast Resturant, lovely view and see the waitress standing by the bar. After a minute we approached her by the bar as she was not willing to come to seat us.

The Resturant had 3 tables full (pretty empty). The first thing the waitress tells us is anything we order there will be a 45 min wait. Surprised but not fully put off we decide to look at the menu to see if the wait was worth it.

My wife decides to ask the waitress for the menu, she says the menu is over on the other side of the bar and points to it.

We did not complain but decided to silently walk out and choose another venu for breakfast.

Sad as I had lovely memories of this place 20 years ago.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2017

3 adults 2 children for a long weekend - We arrived a couple of hours before check in was available but we were able to leave our luggage in reception and go enjoy the bar and the children were able to use the pool nearby.

Our room was on the other side of the complex, which also had a pool. Our apartment was clean, bright and airy, was surprised to find towels supplied and the 2 televisions, were both in good working order. Varied menu at the restaurant and servings were generous and staff were very helpful and knew the menu and could offer tips on what to have or at least tell you about the menu. We were able to contact a taxi driver to take us to various places while we were there.

The staff were very helpful at all times and the complex was kept very clean, minimal noise and even though close to the airport the arriving and leaving flights did not bother you.

I would give Sandy Point Village a 10-10 and are planning a family reunion party for April 2018

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
6.8 km away
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine

Been to Sandy Point Village? Share your experiences!