“WELCOMING PUB AND TASTY FOOD”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Styal
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was greeted as we came in the Pub by a very pleasant member of staff who showed us to a table. Overall atmosphere in The Ship was very friendly and to everyone who was there. Food ordering was the usual counter service and arrived pretty quickly for the starter although it was a little slow on mains however the food was very tasty and enjoyed everyone. A very nice pub to visit if near Manchester Airport.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live within a few minutes and found the pub as we familiarised ourselves with the local area. Been a few times now mostly with friends visiting us and every one has been pleased with the welcome and the quality of the food and range of drinks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just popped in to this lovely little country pub, hidden little gem, service was great and my well deserved beer was great, I'll certainly be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Once again, great food was served.

Despite being run off their feet (it does get very busy on Sundays) they keep an eye on everyone and are very attentive. Gaz especially goes out of his way to help you in anyway he can.

The Ship’s success shows what can be done to a pub when you offer great food and drinks served by attentive, friendly and professional staff.

I can’t recommend dishes because everyone’s taste it different. But I love the potted shrimp and crab, pate, cheese and onion pie, fish and chips, beef burger, steak and the Sunday roast is fantastic- especially the lamb shoulder for 2. Need I say more!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff greeted me warmly. My go-to American English vernacular was not a hinderance here as it was in many a pub in my previous UK travels, and as I was about to head home to NJ the following morning, it was particularly refreshing to be met with a friendly, accommodating welcome.

For my beer, I chose the cask-style Timothy Taylor’s Boltmaker. I was not disappointed. For food, Fish n Chips. On this trip across the pond, I’d thus far held off on ordering said national delicacy... again I was pleased with the quality. Crispy, light breading gave way to a tender, fresh tasting piece of fish, served piping hot and surrounded by the two must-haves of chips and mushy peas.

Those mushy peas earned themselves a paragraph of their own. I don’t know whether they are made from canned peas, whether any spices were employed in their creation, etc... but the taste was just Damned Good. The chips were excellent but may tag along in the peas’ graph. Just crispy enough on the outside but with a delightful and not over salted innard.

As i still had a long night in front of me, I finished off my meal with a coffee. I was pleasantly surprised when my server asked, ‘Would you like our house coffee? We also have Columbian and... (i can’t remember what the final option was)” ... I went with the house and it was very good. They gave me a little sugary biscuit as well, a welcome custom common throughout the EU and UK but lost on American restaurants.

Some fun banter with the barkeeps and off I went in my rental car, satisfied and ready to attack the evening.

I would recommend the Ship Inn to anyone.