Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Helena F
Brussels, Belgium
“Do NOT book. Lot of HIDDEN COSTS!”
Reviewed 14 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BOOKING!
Where to start? So we booked this home last minute before our trip to Puglia beginning of September through Perle di Puglia named “Truli Ulivi”. My main criteria were: silence, no neighbours (independent home), under my budget (less than €200 pp) and centrally located. The home is located in the middle of nowhere, but no far from interesting places, so you are very isolated and calm, but not too far from main areas. BUT, there are neighbours. For me it wasn’t very clear, but there are other similar pajara’s. Fortunately, you have your privacy and the terrace is oriented towards the nature and not the other houses, but they didn’t mention it clearly. Moreover, there are vineyards next to the house, which is charming, but the less nice part, is that the farmers come around 9h30-10h in the morning to cultivate the grapes. They yell a lot and do not care about your privacy or your desired quietness. I needed to recover, and being woken up by yelling people is not really nice.
Moreover, there are A LOT OF HIDDEN COSTS:
- €50 if you do the check-in before 16h! (not mentioned beforehand)
- €10 per day for your WiFi (not clearly mentioned)! This price is ridiculous, you pay less for one month internet than 5 days there! You cannot rely on your own internet connection, because the reception is so bad. Moreover, the WiFi didn’t work on the first day. You have to put it outside, which means that only one bedroom and the terrace have good connection.
- €15 per person for bed linen and towels! We had one missing, that we had to pay.
- All the basic supplies, such as salt, pepper, olive oil, coffee, tea, soap, dishwasher soap, etc. etc. is missing. So we had to buy EVERYTHING for the home. Of course, we didn’t bring all of it back to our home country, so now the next guests can have free supplies on our costs.
In short: instead of paying the initial fee, we paid €145 extra (because fortunately we did the check-in after 16h).
Also, the last evening and day of departure there was a problem with the house and we didn’t have any water. We couldn’t shower after a day at the beach and we also couldn’t cook and wash the dishes. They tried to help us, but of course it took some time and we had 30 min to shower and use the water we needed. They didn’t offer us a commercial gesture for this inconvenience.
Moreover, our contact person was both at the arrival and the departure late.
Moreover (yes it is still not finished), I saw stupidly through Google Maps that we were in a complex called “Azienda Agrituristica Ceddhe”. I looked it up and I found it on Booking.com for €150 more than the initial (last minute offer) price. I was soooo angry! So, above all the extra costs we had, we actually could have saved also €150 if we had booked elsewhere! They totally ripped us off and didn’t care when I told them. The only commercial gesture they made were “10% off on your next trip”. As if I’m ever going to book again with them.
So, please, even if the pictures and the price looks appealing, be aware of the hidden costs and issues. Or do NOT book it through Perle di Puglia! Booking or TripAdvisor or much cheaper!
PS: I must say that Serena from Perle di Puglia was, despite of all this, very kind.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Salve hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing