Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
joshua h

The view is out of this world

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Mar 2018
I just got back to the UK from my holiday at sawan resort and felt the need to write a review, I was there for 2 night and it was one of the most relaxing experience of my life. The resort has just been repainted and the staff is really friendly, eventhough their English was not perfect I want to give them credit for trying to understand me and provide me with all my enquiries. Lastly the view from this resort is amazing (see pic attached) did not think something this beautiful exist in this world.
Date of stay: March 2018
Room Tip: any room is fine, from what i was every room has a seaview
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    AU$70
    AU$69
0.9 km from Sawan Sunset Resort Koh Lipe
View more hotels in Ko Lipe
All reviews private beach crystal clear sea balcony bungalow paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Mr. Hyde:
Normally I make my review of a hotel or restaurant shortly after the stay/ visit. Sawan resort is much more difficult to assess.
I have to let you know that it is very far from the pictures on the internet.
If luxury in terms of nice furniture, nice decorations, good standard of bathrooms, electrical installation and so forth is important to you this is not the right place. Everything is quite worn down and in serious need of maintenance. You won’t find neither spa, restaurants or a well equipped bar. Breakfast is prepared to far away to be hot( eggs, omelet) to be warm when they reach you . Conclusion: From a normal point of view the price is far to high

Dr. Jekyll:
Being back in Denmark and having had some time to think about Sawan Risort we must conclude that this worn down resort probably is the place we loved the best during our 3 weeks tour aroun southern Thailand . Sawan is small, located in some of the most beautiful nature we have seen anywhere in the world. There is a tranquility and ambiance that very quickly invades your soul ( we are not “zen-people) and makes you forget the short comings in luxury. You have the small beach almost to your self and there is a most charming small restaurant at the beach that offers simple, but extremely tasty food for breakfast and lunch. There are not many mosquitoes and you sleep in total silence
In spite of a price that is to high we would probably come back to this resort

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Drovin1159
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Resort closed!! They take money for reservations and you arrive in a place closed....They send me an e-mail five days before with all the problems for a family on trip without time to book another accomodation.....They call me from the reception to refund my money but when I go was closed maybe from months. Be very vey careful..

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank fabioingrid
Reviewed 4 April 2017

When we booked this resort we didn't read the reviews at all, but right after we found out that the resort was in very bad shape. Of course we where worried that we spent a whole lot of money on something that was going to be a huge disappointment. Now we have spent 11 days at Koh Lipe staying at Sawan and my honest opinion is that Sawan could be a gem on the island, but isn't. The personel is great, they are doing everything to make you comfortable, but the resort itself really need a bit of TLC since its a lot of wear and tear. Also its sad to see that after just a few days we where the only ones staying there, although the island itself was quite occupied with guests. So in short, its has all the potential in the world, but isn't quite there yet. Would i go back there, well, not that sure....

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 493leifp
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We stayed two nights at Sawan resort in february 2017 and it was just amazing. The Villa was beautiful and had a stunning view. It was clean and well equipped. The minibar was full and free. Mr. Jensin and Ms. Cheetah did everything to make our stay perfect and it really was. Everything from the massage, the boat trip, lunch, private driver to breakfast in our room.

We also got a pocket wifi and a mobile phone for contact them whenever we needed their help. We brought the wifi around the island and it was really convenient.

When we booked the Villa there was a mistake and we payed the double amount. When we arrived Mr. Jensin was ready with the amount in cash, no problems at all.

I have nothing bad to say and i would love to come back here someday.

Room tip: Grand Villa was very nice!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank G5872HNlisan
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I have been to many resorts in Koh like but never experience a service as good at this. Ask for Mr. Jensin and Ms. Cheetah they will give you what ever you need for your perfect holiday. Also the diving trip the hotel can provide for your is a once in a life time experience.

Date of stay: February 2017