“Great 65th birthday for my nan”
Review of The Thatched Inn

The Thatched Inn
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Hassocks
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing would always go back great food and great service what else do you need at a birthday party .

Date of visit: June 2017
David S, Manager at The Thatched Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your kind words we are glad your nan enjoyed her birthday at the thatched inn.
We hope to see you at the thatched inn again very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great Ambience with many families eating here when I arrived at 19.30 hrs to meet friends.

I unfortunately ordered the worst Thai Chicken Green Curry I have ever eaten. Such a shame that this meal was luke warm, bland, with a a wet insipid sauce over tasteless thin slicedf chicken breast. Where were the Kafar Lime leaves, Thai Basil, Lemon Grass, Green Peppercorns, and Coconut? I kept adding more salt to cheer this dish up to no avail.
I hope that this review makes change take place and that in future their Thai Green Curry has the correct ingredients and consistency when it is presented to their customers.

My friends appeared to enjoy their meal.

3  Thank JCB1132b
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We generally eat here once a week. The owners, David and Leisa, work hard to achieve a friendly atmosphere in a well presented restaurant and pub with excellent staff. They have a very extensive menu which is very reasonably priced, well presented in a traditional way and you never come away feeling hungry! Happy to cater for singles through to large parties.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We called on Good Friday at the last minute to see if we could get a table, 15 mins later we were seated!
The girls serving were friendly and efficient and lovely with the kids. Food was amazing. I opted for a jacket potato which you never really know what you’re going to get! A potato with a lovely crispy skin and fluffy in the middle arrived covered with a generous helping of cheese and what I believe to be homemade coleslaw and a side salad! Lush!
I heard treacle tart and custard mentioned but unfortunately had no room so maybe we’ll be back while we are down this way!
Great pub!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Came here for our second Mothers Day in a row and this was our best meal yet.

Food was perfect - I had the roast beef for mains (cooked medium rare) and treacle tart for dessert.

Service was quick and staff were all friendly.

Both mothers on table were given a bunch of daffodils on departure.

Make sure you book to come here!