“Tropical garden casita a short walk from the beach”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Newly upgraded bathroom in Gaviota
Guests enjoying a BBQ we had for a birthday
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
SunshineC...
Sunshine Coast
“Tropical garden casita a short walk from the beach”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The owner, Sarah, treated us as family and freely shared her vast knowledge of Panama with us. The casita was cozy with a very comfortable bed. This is a great place to unwind and to enjoy the beautiful garden and pool area. Meeting other guests enriched our stay as we learned more about Panama from their experience. The garden is big enough to find a private spot when you crave solitude and also has nice areas for socializing and BBQ-ing. The phenomenal Coronado beach is only a short walk from the casitas and beach towels are provided. This location offers exceptional value for your money.

17 Jan 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and leaving a review, we truly enjoyed having you here on property and the great chats, your stay was too short! Hope to see you soon! Warm regards, Sarah
veronica...
“Awesome experience, peaceful place to relax and enjoy your holidays”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

From the beginning booking the three casitas was a great experience with Sarah. It was very easy to make the reservations and she answer all our questions before coming to the property since we have never been in Coronado.

We drove to Coronado and getting to the Casitas was easy with waze, upon our arrival Sarah was waiting for us, she showed us our casitas, the pool area, barbecue etc, we felt at home right away. And so, did our dog chewi, who was very happy to have a big garden to run around and some places to explore. The pool and barbecue area are lovely, our favorite part of the property. The casitas were also great, they had everything we needed and we were a party of 6. We cooked and barbecue everyday and it worked great, eating outside with fresh air and birds singing was very relaxing. At night, it was very cool, so no need for AC, but still every casita had an AC. The casitas are very safe, we never felt insecure or had any issues with this, this was also a plus.

During the day, we drove to different beaches, there are several beaches near Casitas with different kinds of waves, depending on what you like you can find something for you. We enjoyed on that was 5 min away with the car, it had small waves and our dog loved to get in the see there.

The good thing about Coronado is that it has everything you need, several supermarkets, banks, restaurants and bars. We didn’t eat much outside, since having dinner near the pool with a quite setting was for us the best option.
At last I want to thank Sarah and Scotty, you guys were great to us, we had a wonderful time at your place and hope to visit you soon.

mep1981
Sayre, Oklahoma
“Perfect Holiday Spot”
Reviewed 20 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My husband and 8-year-old daughter arrived at Sarah’s Casita in Playa Coronado on November 1st for a month long adventure. We were pleasantly surprised right away with what we found. We stayed in the main house. It was perfect and so much more than we hoped for. We had read previous reviews of some renovations that were complete on the house when we arrived. With the renovations, there was a brand new beautiful bathroom and new kitchen tile. There were some potholes in the road from previous reviews that seem to be repaired as well.

Sarah was attentive but not intrusive, a wealth of information about the area and helped us meet people and find everything we needed. When Sarah was out of town, she had a friend coming by to check on things and plenty of people to call in case we needed anything. We were in Coronado long enough to make friends and experience the culture of the quiet town. We have traveled Central America extensively and found the Coronado expat community to be open and inviting, and the local Panamanian people delightful.

We needed to work remotely and handle school for our daughter, and the Wi-Fi was fast and reliable. We rented a golf cart from Sarah, and I’m glad we did. The beach, a small mini-market, and a few restaurants are easily walkable, but the big grocery stores and other stores and restaurants on the highway are too far to walk. There are also shuttle buses and taxis available for super cheap. We rented a car for our out of town trips. Sarah provides a book with info on all the amenities in town, with numbers for local drivers, etc. It is very helpful.

Over the month we traveled throughout the area visiting several beaches and historic and cultural sites on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Playa Coronado was a perfect jumping off point for our excursions.

When we weren’t traveling, the amenities at the Casita were ideal, whether for relaxing in the hammocks or playing in the pool. The pool area is beautiful, with the waterfall and surrounding gardens. There are several outdoor seating areas. The kitchen was well stocked enough for us to be able to cook a majority of our meals. We also used the barbeque grill on many occasions. We enjoyed meeting other guests throughout the month.

My parents stayed for a week in Casita Tortuga, and it was wonderful as well. Very cute, newly renovated. It was a perfect spot for a couple, with plenty of space for a longer term stay.

One of our traveling rules is that we don't return to the same place twice. Playa Coronado has changed my mind. I can certainly see us returning, and when we do, I’m sure we will stay at Panama Sarah’s Casitas.

24 Dec 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a huge pleasure having you 3 here. Your daughter is so cute and polite.. already a well traveled 8 year old and it showed. To see you all integrate with the community (expats and Panamanians alike) was heartwarming and your daughter now has some great Panamanian friends! I thoroughly enjoyed the week I spent with you at the house and enjoying great conversations. I'm so happy to hear you will be back.. we are here waiting for you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! Sarah
Teresa K
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little piece of paradise and a friendly host”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I highly recommend staying in Sarah's casita. The grounds are lovely and the pool is gorgeous. There are seats built into the pool with a little table in between with an umbrella for shade. There's also a waterfall in the pool and beautiful landscaping all around. The beach is very close and absolutely beautiful. It's not crowded and the black sand is amazing. The casita I stayed in had beautiful decor and everything I could want, including a full kitchen and bath with a great shower. I really appreciated that the wifi was very fast and reliable as I work remotely and needed to be in touch with clients. Sarah was amazingly friendly and accommodating. She introduced me to her friends and I had a great time at the local happy hour. She has a guide book in the room and the excursions and restaurants she recommended were awesome. Sarah even found longer-term, larger accommodations for me to come back to Coronado (this time for a month) with my children. Enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: friendly introduction to the area and guide book
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Nov 2016
Thank you Teresa! It was my pleasure entirely and you were awesome to work with. I'm glad you had such a good time, and now we get to see you and your family for a month! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at my home and casita. Cheers!! Sarah
MarkAThom...
Panama City, Panama
“Quiet, Relaxed and Fun - An hour from the city.”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Sarah's place was excellent and Sarah is very good at what she does, very relaxed and is a wonderful host. The place was exactly as she described it and although a little difficult to find; her directions were spot on. I really had a great time and saw Panama from a different perspective, having lived in the city for almost 2 years. I would stay again, no hesitation and recommend Sarah's hospitality.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxing Ambience - Great Location - Lovely Grounds - Pet Friendly
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Nov 2016
Thank you so much, was lovely to meet you both and you were excellente guests!! Cheers, Panama Sarah
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing