All reviews continental breakfast home away from home swimming pool christina mira scooter host ambience pondicherry property place
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I spent 6 wonderful days in Vana Vilasa. There is nothing not to like there. Christina is doing a marvelous job in managing this place. Everyone is incredibly friendly making you feel at home right form the beginning. The room I stayed in was big and comfortable. It had AC (I didn’t need it), windows on two sides allowing you to enjoy a nice breeze, a king size bed, and a bathroom with hot water controlled from the room. One could enjoy the garden either by sitting on the veranda in front of the room or near the swimming pool. My favorite area was kitchen/dining room – a place where the life happens and one meets many interesting and friendly people. Wifi worked flawlessly both in the room and in the dining and public area. The place is conveniently located just in between the village and Auroville. In comparison to similar places in Auroville and in Pondicherry, Vana Vilasa is a clear winner. F

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Valsimot
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Such a nice place to stay and relax out of city and good service and can able to get all information around Aurovill . Transportation is phenomenally provided: ). It was good and I have extreme great holidays

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nanzz N
Vana V, Guest Relations Manager at Vana Vilasa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thanks a lot Nanzz, we had lots of fun with you and really enjoyed hosting you. Please come back soon and relax again!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

The rooms at Vana Vilasa are of a high standard, very clean and spacious with crisp white linen and towels. The manager was really welcoming and helpful. She organised a scooter for me and gave advice about where to go for good food. the breakfast is fantastic with wonderful bread from the local German bakery, eggs and fruit. In fact nothing was too much. The pool is lovely after a long hot day in Auroville and guests can use the kitchen too.

1  Thank Caroline W
Christina A, Guest Relations Manager at Vana Vilasa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thanks Caroline for being such a helpful and nice Guest. We really loved to host you and will look forward to see you again next week! Happy Journey till then.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, clean, beds great and comfortable. The breakfast!!! Endless... :-)
Christina pulls out all the stops to make your stay unforgettable and memorable. If you want privacy or a family feeling... She has great advice and tips and can help with transport, trips, shopping etc...
nice pool for cool dips on hot days, good location very close to Auroville. Food delivery by many restaurants.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeldeGraaf
Vana V, Guest Relations Manager at Vana Vilasa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thanks a lot for your sweet Feedback - there will be always Breakfast for you!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I Have been cheated by the management of Vana Vilasa low class accommodation where stray dogs were sleeping. Did not like the rude/arrogant behaviour of Christina. when enquired over phone for any possible replacement ,she was yelling , saying either I stay where it is told or quit. She refused to give me the room i booked and did not refund the booked amount of Rs 3000.00. I did not /could not occupy the room she provided as it was untidy and unsuitable. this is first time i faced this kind of unfriendly hospitality. sorry state of affairs here.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina A, Guest Relations Manager at Vana Vilasa Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Elango, I am very sorry you faced such issues with Vana Vilasa. Please don`t blame us for your decision to head back to Bangalore immediate, without giving me the chance to solve the issues (I came back 10 min. after you left already and meanwhile I organised a room downstairs for you). If you had called me before your booking/arrival that your wife is not able to climb steps, I surely would have suggested to you to book one of the AC Rooms, which is easily accessible. I even tried to sell your room the same Night, but unfortunately it was too late already. It was your own decision to not take the room, at no time I denied you the access. Our Dogs live here with us, they are not street dogs, they are nice, friendly and fully vaccinated. I invite you to book again with us (special price for you guaranteed!), so we can prove the other reviews, that we are a chilled place which is totally recommended from our other guests.