““Arty Farty””

Price range: USD 6 - USD 13
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I love bringing my kids here! It can get busy and crowded so bare in mind if you have a buggy there’s not much room to swing a cat.
The food and drink options are good so your set for hot or cold food choice. They also serve alcohol which can be a bonus if your not driving or going as a couple (not with kids)
There’s something for everyone to do here and I dare you not to be inspired to decorate something.
Sadly I do feel it’s over priced but they have different items of many costs for you to choice between the ceramic starting at about £7,95, then £10,95 (the 5p saves you so much) baby hand or foot prints I’ve seen for £45 which if you look at it as a forever gift could help? I chose to do a vase with my sons foot & hand prints for £20,95 and it’s more useful as encourages my husband to buy me flowers hahaha

If your a wheelchair user then I’m sorry to say that there isn’t a customer lift (only lift is used for transporting the art items)
They do have a disabled toilet baby change, male and female toilet.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I come here regularly with my baby to meet up with my mummy friends. The coffee is excellent and the food is incredibly tasty. The service is very good as well.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Our kids love bean and brush and so do we. The coffee is good, the kids menu is good and there is an area for them to play. The art and craft upstairs is a wonderful way to spend an hour or two.

1  Thank NicLans
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We were five including 2 discerning under 7’s. They each had sausages with beans and they chose curly type fries.

I was told the sausages were from Taylor’s butchers Sale - a first class place - and they looked like it and having eaten a piece they tasted just great. Not many food miles here either.

Two adults had various hot chicken dishes averaging about £8.

I’m losing my habit of eating chicken so I opted for a sandwich & soup on the side.

I could have had veggie chilli, or stew instead of soup. This came in about £7.

The soup was ‘of the week’, and white onion & garlic. Oh magic words onions & garlic. Keep the chicken thank you very much.

They offer thee sizes of most coffees. I had a flat white coffee (£2.5 - one size only). My wife had her usual cappuccino regular size.

Both coffees were excellent. I don’t know if their coffee is fair trade, organic or Rainforest Alliance, or source shade - grown from sustainable green beans as no information is provided here.

My seeded soft bread roll sandwich had avocado, feta cheese, chilli jam, onion, rocket and other flavour punches. It was delicious.

I’d liked to have butter on the sandwich too but so many places now serve that awful chemically manufactured substitute; margarine. The only e in butter is just before the r.

So we all enjoyed our food and despite a lot of the customer base being under 12 it was calm and a reasonably quiet place.

Mind you our 6 year old, despite insisting on curly fries, decided instead to polish off her granny’s (not too) spicy fries, much to grandma’s laughter, but fear not the other under 7 was only to willing to hoover up the residual curly fries.

Finally friendly service, cosy atmosphere, comfy seats and clean toilets make it a solid 4.5 star but it’s priced at high end so this is how it should be every time.

michelle s, Manager at Bean & Brush Family Art Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hello!

Thank you for leaving this review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your visit (and the children liked the fries :D).
We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

The Bean and Brush Cafe is a great place to eat if your feeling hungry then this is a perfect place. You can come in for breakfast or even lunch, it’s kid friendly and is welcome to babies.

Upstairs, their is an art cafe where you can paint pots, decoupage and craft. If you ever want to visit, just come on down

michelle s, Manager at Bean & Brush Family Art Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hello Izzie!

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoy visiting Bean and Brush and we hope to see you again soon!