If you want to be treated like a rowdy student, visit Blue Mountain Ontario.
We were away for a couples weekend staying in a three bedroom resort. The idea was for the ladies to enjoy a spa weekend (which was great), and the gents skiing (which was also good).
Immediately as we arrived we were talked down to by the front staff and (literally) sighed at when we asked to add on services (which we were willing to pay for). The hotel staff there (Other than the manager) were not interested at all in helping us and for the price we paid for the weekend, we would expect at least a smile, or a welcome to blue.... not 'NEXT... sigh'. My wife had asked one of the more helpful maids what the general problem was with the staff, and she had mentioned that since it was student week, the staff were annoyed, and fed up – I’ve had some bad days too, but my customers had always come first.
In all fairness, the staff at the restaurants we visited were great, and the Greek rest. is highly recommended, and (most) of the ski staff were friendly.
As a business owner, I organize conferences for the family and managers of my company and Blue Mountain looked like a great place for summer family fun, unfortunately because of this experience, I would be embarrassed to bring anyone I associate there ever again. (the Grandview will get our business again this year)
If you are looking for a ski weekend, a spa weekend, or a time away, I would recommend looking at Mont Tremblant - At least they seem to value their customers.
P.S. I would truly hope that Blue Mountain had the decency to correct this issue. We had submitted a comment card, but I would be VERY surprised if they had it in them.
Please, if you we
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Georgian, in the middle of the Village at Blue, is fashioned after a historic railway hotel, with 189 suites ranging in size from studios to 3 bedroom. Every suite features high-speed wireless internet access, in-room movies, a DVD player, flat screen LCD TV. Guests also have exclusive access to secure underground parking, games room, 2 outdoor hot tubs (open year round), outdoor pool (summer only), fitness room and sauna. Bachelor, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites include a fireplace, fully furnished kitchen and a balcony or patio. Studio units (regular size hotel rooms) have a kitchenette (small fridge, small sink, microwave, toaster, kettle, dishes and cutlery). Larger units (1 bedroom or larger) have a full kitchen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Grand Georgian Blue Mountain
- Grand Georgian Collingwood