All reviews hot tub tennis courts full kitchen long weekend scenic caves shuttle ski village hill canada properties
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I and his family came down for 3 nights we hade a good time. It is in walking to the ski town. 5 min drive to Callingwood. Hot tub is 9 to 9p dos not get that hot but it’s stell nice. We ware in building 3 Whistler room 316.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2018

After reading through these reviews, it is clear that many people do not understand that much of the resort is privately owned, and therefore, your experience will vary widely depending on whether or not you book through the hotel, or any one of the multiple different owners of the condos.

I have visited three times via private bookings through individual owners and all three times were a fantastic stay. Each owner had taken good care of their condos. There can be some noise outside due to how many condos there are on the property. The amenities such as poo, hot tub and jacuzzi are fantastic and well taken care of by the hotel. I just left yesterday and again had a great visit. The location of this hotel can't be beat if you are spending time in Blue Mountain Village.

I would recommend either booking through the hotel so that you may choose your preferred suite, or make sure you book through a site like Airbnb which offers you protection when choosing a condo that is privately owned.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank amandaonthemove
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed here with another couple for Family Day weekend full of fun and skiing. We've done A LOT of ski-in-ski-out places now and have a lot to compare this place to. That being said, this place was very out dated and very over priced for what we found in the room.

Pros (kind of):
- Location was okay but I wouldn't say it was entirely ski-in-ski-out. It's still a good 5-7 min walk to the lift.
- 24/7 shuttle BUT because we went during a busy weekend, it was very hard to catch it during the day. One day the wait was so long we ended up walking the 30 minutes from the village back to the unit.

Cons:
- The first thing we found when we got there, was a broken/clogged dishwasher. There was a good layer of gross milky water covering the top (probably about 15 cm). In all fairness, we called the front desk and someone came to fix it
- We were only given enough dishwasher soap for 1 use and we were there 4 days. We ended up just buying plastic plates/cups/cutlery because we were getting sick of calling the front desk to fix these issues.
- We were told there would be hair dryers in both bathrooms. There wasn't. We had to call (yet again)
- The 2nd couple had the pull out couch and we had to call (again) for bedding/sheets that should have already been stocked.
- There were cigarette butts all over the balcony when we got there.
- A dirty espresso pot was left by previous guests,
- There was little to no lighting and a lot of the lights would not turn on.
- When we booked, we were told this was a 1 bedroom with a pull out couch. We actually were put in a loft studio. Each couple had no privacy as a result because the entire unit was open concept.
- Appliances were outdated and hard to work.
- Hard to keep a parking spot right by your unit. Seems like people were just parking all over the place.

Luckily, we had a great group and we made the most out of our stay regardless. That being said, we would not book this resort again. You're in for a penny, you're in for a pound (as my boyfriend always says). I think adding the few extra bucks is worth it to get a better place closer to (or in) the village that's actually ski-in-ski-out and closer to the fun night life.

Room tip: Stay away from unit 110
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The Unit we stayed in was a third party rental...totally filthy and poorly equiped.

The main office couldn't help us and what really annoyed me was if we had booked direct, it would have been over $100 less for the two nights we stayed!

No tea towels, bare minimum equipment, dirty and mouldy with severe damage to the bathroom. I had to clean the bathroom before I'd let our kids in there!

Shameful!

Book direct! Do not use Booking.com

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel is close to blue mountain which is nice. You are about a two minute walk to the bottom lifts. They also have a 24/7 shuttle that picks you up outside the resort and will take you to the village. Overpriced in my opinion for what you get. Kitchen is small and wasn't stocked with the necessary kitchen equipment which was a negative. Beds were comfortable except for the pullouts. Bathrooms were clean. Rooms were dated and could use an update. Hot tub is old and Luke warm at best. After looking at other chalets in the area we will not be back to this property.

Date of stay: January 2018