See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Stayed here as an overnight pitstop to complete the Shimanani Kaido coming from Onomichi.

Checking in was a breeze, and my room was more spacious than I expected, I was a solo traveller. I arrived at around 4:30pm and had the shower/onsen room to myself. It was very calming to bath in the outside hot spring after biking all afternoon.

Dinner was tremendous, course after course of the best seafood dishes I have had in Japan. Fully satisfied my appetite and even a complimentary sorbet for dessert, you will not be disappointed. The restaurant was very quaint and had a live fish tank at the bar with oysters and fish swimming around while I ate, the two ladies serving dinner were lovely.

Breakfast also did not disappoint, it fuelled me for the rest of my ride to Matsuyama.

My room had a lovely view of one of the bridges!

To find this place - once you get off the bridge and enter Omishima Island, head right on the main road for about 10mins from the visitor/rest stop centre. Once you go past a "K Convenience Store" take the next left.

Highly recommend. I was able to store my road bike in the undercover parking storage aswell. Terrific value for money, an absolute highlight of my travels through Japan.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as our resting point along the Shimanami Kaido. Check in was at 3.30pm but we arrived about an hour early - and they were so kind in letting as check in early as our room was ready. Which was great as our legs and bums were exhausted from a day of cycling! The room was clean and had its own toilet. The ofuro (bath) is shared, but split between men and women - and it was the second best part of the stay - the warm water to soothe our tender muscles! The best part was the food. We would stay there again just for the meals (dinner and breakfast). Traditional Japanese fare - seafood, seafood & seafood. So if you don't like seafood .... Dinner consisted of several courses - sashimi, tempura, fish, locally made sorbet etc. Breakfast was equally as good and fantastic fuel for the second half of our bike ride. The view from our room was amazing!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank empem99
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Booked through rakuten....agree with all English posts....gracious hosts...you must enjoy seafood. ...exquisite presentation and flavors .....5 minutes bike ride from Tatara shopping complex....wifi in lobby but had intermittent access in room

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2015

If you are doing the Setouch Shimanami Kaido Cycling route there is a wonderful possibility to break the journey half ways between Onomichi and Imabari. This place follows the old Japanese ryakon traditions. The only speak Japanese but that is not a problem the staff will everything they can to break the language barrier. Do not hesitate to visit due to this reason. The restaurant are Fujimiens flagship the dinner are fantastic. The dinner is based on everything you can find locally in the Inland sea and that is a lot of things to bring to the table. You must prefer fish, shrimps, oysters, octopus, clams and other things from the sea

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Jan-OlofO
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Was amazed by the service and quality of this traditional Japanese hotel. The owners, husband and wife, were extremely hospitable and provide an ideal experience. I was greeted warmly upon arrival. Had a relaxing soak in their onsen (indoor/outdoor hot springs). Sea water onsen with fragrant local oranges floating in the water. After biking for 4 hours, it was perfect. Dinner (my package included dinner & breakfast--do not skip out on this!!) was 6 courses of seafood, fresh sashimi, whole cooked fish, tempura, & more. Beautiful presentation, even better flavor. One of the best meals I had in Japan. The service here was great, most staff speak at least some English, and they recently hired a Japanese women who is fluent in English. I was traveling alone and I don't speak any Japanese, so Atsuko really enhanced my experience. Room was very comfortable, traditional Japanese style with futons. I left to start biking early, and the owner was kind enough to prepare a homemade bento box breakfast for me at 6 am. Could not get over how nice the people were. This hotel is located almost right at the midpoint of the Shimanami Kaido bike route. Free wifi on ground floor. Highly recommended, especially to cyclists and couples.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo