2,088 results
All reviews the grill relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities q hotels flemings restaurant changing rooms steam room robes and slippers main restaurant my mum lovely hotel superior room great facilities buffet style birthday treat waiting staff
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the westerwood lots of times & currently staying here. This would be my 5/6th visit as an overnight guest but have attended for spa days and leisure visits on top of that. You can usually get a stay for good value booking through a website like myhotelbreak for one or two nights dinner bed and breakfast & we usually do the what was “2 for £109” and is now the “2 for £114” spa day. Today though after arriving and checking in to a basic twin room it’s apparent that the place is getting tired & not as looked after as it should be. The walls are all marked, the chairs worn away, marks all over other chairs, the lamp shades are all stained and mark. Have attached pictures to show this. The food is usually good although have been hit with some bouts of terrible service in the restaurant & after its make over the spa area is lovely - although could do with a bit more tlc and upkeep during busy times. The pool area is a bit tired as well. It’s a shame it’s starting to look so tired and everything is marked/worn it could be so fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jackie H, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear jo_bremner

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed some areas of the hotel.

We are hoping to have some investment into our hotel this year, we are keen to keep improving, and we'll take all of your feedback on board. I am sorry that the food was a let down, and I am disappointed that the service from the team in the restaurant was so poor. This will be addressed urgently with the team, and retraining will be carried out.

I hope that we can restore your faith in the hotel in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me if you are returning and I will ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely overnight stay, we got an offer of £99 for dinner bed and breakfast plus the use of spa facilities. Dinner was lovely and the buffet breakfast was fresh and hot. Worth every penny and more!

Dear 248caroleg

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed the DBB stay, and that the food served was of such a great quality.

We have some fantastic offers coming up throughout the year, keep your eyes peeled as we'd love to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just had a 3 night stay here and couldn’t fault it in any way !
From arrival greatest with smiles and lovely staff. The hotel is set in beautiful scenery and was easy to get to sign posted from the motorway.
Our room was superior type, spotlessly clean , huge comfortable bed with a great veiw. Large dressing area and great bathroom with large separate shower .
Plenty of white soft towels , robes and slippers .
Great storage , safe and a fridge with spring water. Kettle with nice selection of teas, coffee and biscuits .
The restaurants were both good and nothing was too much trouble from the staff .
We had the Festherbksde steak the first evening which just melted in your mouth.
Breakfast again was superb , sat overlooking the gold course. Fresh food being replenished continually on the hot buffet all cooked to perfection.
Great service again with smiles .
Plenty of tea and coffee served at request .
We visited the pool and spa again great service , nice sun beds to relax on .
Overall super stay Thankyou to Margaret who cleaned our room and helped us open our wi dies !
And all the staff for your vibrant smiles and cheery natures we have a fantastic time .

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear merr58

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am delighted to hear such fantastic comments! I will ensure that your feedback is shared with Margaret, she'll be delighted to hear this!

My full team will be over the moon to hear they've looked after you so well, we really do have some wee superstars, and I appreciate you taking the time to compliment them.

Please don't be a stranger, we'd love to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed at The Westerwood on a DBB deal.

Our room was excellent: spacious, well appointed, nicely decorated with a cosy atmosphere.

Public areas of the hotel are very nice, well decorated and inviting.

Leisure facilities are good. There was no hot water in the pool changing rooms which was disappointing but this was due to a boiler issue which was rectified the following day.

Staff were all friendly and efficient. (With the exception of a young girl heavily made up who was teaching children to swim in the pool who we overheard making derogative comments about one of the children!).

Restaurant was a let down. Restaurant is nicely decorated and furnished. There were numerous empty tables when we arrived and yet we were put right next to another couple's table close enough to touch (pet hate). Menu had an unappealing selection of dishes (struggled to select dishes).

Food was well presented; however, wasn't very good - bland and uninspiring. Nothing felt fresh or seasonal. Ridiculously overpriced for the quality.

Overall lovely stay let down by substandard food.

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Mrs_Dgl

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and leisure area.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with one of our external instructors, and I will ensure our Leisure Manager addresses this.

We are hoping to change our menus soon, I am disappointed to hear that you felt this let the hotel down, and will ensure this is discussed to see immediate improvements.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel to restore your faith, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

3 night visit - great staff and stayed in q star room so really clean and comfortable. We ate in grill 2 nights - tempura prawns and gnocchi superb. I understand the spa area had recently had money spent, however not as good as some othe q hotels I've stayed at. Breakfast choice and service was excellent with really friendly staff - coffee at your table within a minute of sitting down. Had newspapers ordered for each morning but this did not transpire on any of the 3 mornings despite a reminder. Room service quick and when only 1 robe in room that was also rectified really quickly.
Not much atmosphere in bar area and poor choice of cocktails so didn't really use that area.
We will however be back to visit Scotland and will more than likely stay here .

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear the3bells

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted that you've had such a lovely great. I will ensure that your lovely feedback is shared with the team.

We do normally receive great comments on our cocktails, however I will review this with the bars manager and ensure we are catering to as many tastes as possible. Even if a cocktail isn't on the list, please do speak to the bar team, as they are always open to preparing any cocktail they can!

It's great to hear that you will be returning, and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.