My wife and I have just spent one night at Oreillys and thoroughly enjoyed our small break.
I had two initial concerns after reading other readers contributions and those were the road to and from Oreillys and the meals.
The 30 k road is not for the nervous first time driver and although it is sealed it comes with numerous blind bends , one way traffic , steep drops and full attention is required at all times by the driver.
It is though certainly worth the effort
As far as meals are concerned , we were very happy with the variety and presentation and could not fault our eating experience both at dinner and breakfast.
One fault though was the coffee was was stewed and not freshly brewed on three ocassions
We paid for a three course dinner/cooked breakfast option at $86 per person which I thought was pretty good value.
There are no other eating options as such the nearest restaurant is at the township of Canungra , 50 k away
Morning and afternoon teas were included in the accommodation rate
Apart from the bird watching tour in the morning ,free to house guests ,a $10 charge to non guests , all other activities were chargeable and certainly not cheap.They even charged for you to feed the birds which once was included in the tarrif.
The room we had was good though a little worn and did need an upgrade but did not disappoint as such.
Staff at all levels excellent and seemed genuinely happy to be there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Canungra, Queensland