Stayed 2 nights in room 23 "mountain view" room. After reading reviews I was not sure of what to expect but I must say we were pleasantly surprised at the standard of accommodation at o'reillys. We have stayed at a number of lodges in the USA and I can honestly say that o'reillys is certainly up to standard for a retreat in a remote location such as lamington national park. Staff were all friendly and very helpful. Check in was quick and we booked a few tours at the reception desk with no problems. We visited O'reillys just a few days after the area had experienced horrendous rain, flooding and storms. The staff had done an amazing job of clearing the roads up to the retreat from all the trees that were blocking the road up the mountain. It is certainly a testament of dedication from the staff when you see what they achieved in a short time so that visitors could come and enjoy this spectacular destination. Our room was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the mountains. Tea, coffee and a small fridge were supplied in the room. We visited the rainforest bar for happy hour and enjoyed cocktails and dinner on the patio. Loved watching the sunset from the paio while sipping on our cocktails. Rooms are serviced each day and the complementary morning and afternoon teas were delicious. We did several tours including 4wd tour, glow worm tour and the early morning bird talk. All were informative and worthwhile. Duncan the tour guide has a great sense of humour and adds value to the tours. Highly recommend O'reillys for couples and families. Will definitely be recommending O'reillys to our family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Canungra, Queensland