1,398 results
All reviewssports bartokyo stationfree shuttlethe busdelta airlinescalifornia restaurantshuttle serviceoutdoor poolaeon mallclose to the airportpleasant staystayed here for one nightvery nice hotellong flightleaving japanfitness centerthe hotel offers
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I have stayed at this facilty 4 times including right now. I am writing this on my I-touch in the restaurant. I very much like the location close to the Narita airport. The hotel provides free transport to and from the airport as well as free bus service to the town of Narita and also to Tokyo. The rooms are modern and comfortable and the service and vituals in the restaurant and bar are 1st rate. The hotel has free workout facilities. I feel home here.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Nice, modern, and clean lobby. Grounds are nice. A lot of local weddings take place here, but then there are the rooms.

Certainly not clean by Japanese standards. Most are run down, dirty carpets, outdated furniture and bathrooms. Sewer smell kicks in during the afternoons.

Biggest gripe is with temperature control in the rooms. It is either heat or air condition, depending on what they have the master switch at. It can be an unseasonably warm, 80 degree day, but since it is May and air condition has not been turned on, the only option is heat. That coupled with the fact that there are down comforters on the bed and the windows only open a few inches can make for a VERY uncomfortable night. Also, to save money (I'm guessing) that even when the air condition is on during the summer, during the middle of the night, the output is cut throughout the hotel which makes the temperature in the individual rooms go up 5 to 10 degrees. Nothing worse than being jet lagged, trying to sleep, and waking up in a sweat.

Two swimming pools, one indoor, one outdoor. Outdoor one is often has no water in it, even during the summer. When they perform maintenance on it, it is usually for a few weeks. Fitness center is minimal, with outdated equipment.

Staff is nice until there is a problem, then they shut down and all of the sudden their English skills disappear.

I've written to Radisson headquarters twice, but they refuse to even acknowledge my complaints.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank BizTravelerCal
Reviewed 24 November 2010

The Radisson in Narita is a nice and clean hotel. There is a tower section and garden wing. I've stayed in both but preferred the tower. There are renovations being done currently thru mid December. I haven't noticed too much hammering like other hotels during renovations. The staff is courteous enough. Some of the higher floors have heated toilets with built in bidet, but I think the hotel is adding it to all rooms. There are no mini bars in room, but there is a hot water pot and coffee/tea service. You can buy dry noodles in the gift shop downstairs and use the hot water maker in your room. The gift shop has lots of good things. I shop there all the time. There is also a baby fridge in your room to keep things cold. There is a shuttle bus to take you to the mall. The restaurant is fair to good. I've eaten there many times and never a complaint. Lots of convenience stores nearby like 711 and Lawsons. Also many mom and pops typr restaurants with fairly good food at good prices. Example: large sapporo beer and dish of gyoza is about 1000 yen. No tipping necessary in Japan. There is also a sport bar at the hotel which feels like an America pub if you're into that. Swimming pool, workout room, kiddie play center.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank haute_tartz
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The airline crews do stay here but there is a separate check-in for them. We never had to wait to get service when we went to the front desk or called. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. No need for an adapter if you are from the USA. Large, deep tubs are great after a long day of sightseeing, but there are also indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. We used the discounted shuttle to get to Tokyo two of our three days there (about $12 each way), and we used the free shuttle to the mall on one of our days there. It does take 20 minutes to and from the airport, and nearly an hour and a half into Tokyo station. But the bus stops right at the hotel, and you can get someone to help you find the line for the return bus at Tokyo Station. The shuttles really are so convenient, but the location of the hotel meant longer travel times than we expected. Note: The shuttle back to the hotel from the mall does not run very often. The hotel provides a convenient shuttle schedule, but I did not read carefully. Everybody speaks some English. The food is very good in the restaurant. They encourage you to buy the buffet, but I ate breakfast from the menu and it was huge: large bowl of plain yogurt, a small--beautifully arranged--plate of lucious fruit, toast and a giant croissant with butter and jam, eggs, bacon, and a big salad. I was able to start my day with a large breakfast and still bring a croissant and fruit back to my mom in our room. I think it was about $18. Yes, that's expensive, but I was able to get two substantial breakfasts from it and it was very good.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank AZPeregrina
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Our deluxe spacious room on the ninth floor had a large, comfortable bed for an absolutely quiet night and furthermore a working desk. A good night sleep before our intercontinental flight was very important but it is not evident in an airport hotel. One reason why the hotel is quiet, is its location. It is located southwest of the airport in a small village Tomisato, less than half an hour from the airport. The distance to the airport is not a problem because there is an hotel shuttle from/to the airport twice an hour. Because it is the only hotel southwest of the airport, the control process of the hotel shuttle does not take much time because there is few traffic in contrast with the northeast access where many other airport hotels are located.
Check-in was quick, our personal data were preprinted and available. The bathroom was small but useful bathroom amenities were provided.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple