B&B Il Ficodindia(Corleone)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
La Casa di Bia(Corleone)
All reviewsleon d'oronice roomone nightimpressiondinnertownterracedownstairsvalleyenglish
Reviewed 4 October 2017

A fantastic experience in Corleone and I would return again. Leon d'Oro Hotel is a small family owned hotel; well maintained, and very very clean. the family is very warm and accommodating. My room, with a terrace, was well appointed, great TV, WIFI, and secure. The family owns a restaurant which has some of the best Italian food in Italy. I traveled from the east to the west coast staying in several towns and this is one of my favorites. Not a lot of social activity in a town with such fame and notoriety and my impression is that the citizens of Corleone prefer to keep tourism to a comfortable minimum. So souvenir shops, no large discos or clubs but a relaxing area with panoramic views. If you have the opportunity to visit Corleone, you will enjoy the town and the Leon d'Oro Ristorante-Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Wanted to stay in Corleone just to say we have, did my research as you do & came across this lovely hidden of a gem hotel. We checked in & shown to our room by I think the owner, shame as she never spoke a word of English which we found a bit hard to communicate with her, but got there. Anyway we had a nice room, clean & tidy & quite big. We only had 1 night there so we had a walk to the quaint little town of Corleone, nothing much to do there but glad we did. We had dinner at the restaurant, which is downstairs in the hotel, you have to come out of the front door & walk round the corner, just underneath the hotel. We were taken to our table in this lovely, well set up family hotel. We had a lovely antipasti followed by a pasta dish each which was absolutely amazing, couldn't fault it at all.
Then came breakfast next morning & we were quite disappointed, there seemed to be a bit of everything but not what we expected after having such a lovely dinner the evening before, so think breakfast could be improved a little.
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel if your staying in Corleone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

First impressions were ok, owners spoke no English but were friendly. Showed us to our room which was fine but the wifi is practically non existent. The air con didn't work and there was no one around to tell. Worst nights sleep I had but we were only there for one night.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

The man working the front desk doesn't speak much English, but he is nreally patient and makes sure you know what he's saying. The room was clean and comfortable. The stay comes with a free breakfast which was really delicious for being free! There was fruits, home made cakes, pastries, meats cheeses, hard boiled eggs, coffee. We had dinner downstairs at their restaurant and my God it is the best meal in Italy! We were exhausted and didn't know what to order so he said pasta and beef? Which we replied sure and he brought us the best dinner. Fresh rolls to boot! The beef was something I will think about until the day I die lol! You won't regret staying here!!

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank brandikatz
Reviewed 16 May 2016

The hotel itself has seen better days... Not bad, but not good. The saving grace is the restaurant which is very good and patronized by locals. I would say stay somewhere else but eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple