All reviews birthday treat down the road breakfast pack the cottages local pub weekend break great weekend black venus get away small pool my friend two nights minute walk indian head selection of cereals relaxing experience chicken coop
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The cottages are spotlessly clean and very warm and cozy. There is a well equipped cottage making it easy to self cater if you wish. The spa pool was divine, and the treatments were excellent. A therapist was last minute unavailable, however, the owner (also a therapist) was so accommodating and juggled times to ensure we all had our treatments (there were 4 in our party all having two treatments each) as well as other guests, so that must've been a long day for her . She was excellent. The surrounding countryside is so pretty and the nearby pub (the Black Venus) was great with superb food. Great weekend, can't wait to return!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shortieB
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Never made it here! Very slow to respond to emails. Looked great on the website. They called and cancelled as they were afraid they wouldn't meet our expectations without even trying to accommodate us or come to any arrangements. They were obviously just too busy. Tried to reason with Sarah who repeatedly called me antagonistic! So rude.
Unfortunately a most unpleasant experience. Probably a nice place :(

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T_Robinson_London
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

A friend and I visited Home Place Farm House Spa this Easter for a weekend getaway. This place was perfect!

We stayed in a two bedroom cottage for two nights. The cottage was immaculate and stayed very warm. It had everything you would need for a self-catered weekend break.

The spa itself is smaller than I imagine but as the cottages were quiet (even on Easter weekend) we had the pool and sauna all to ourselves which was so relaxing. Both me and my friend had a treatment which we were pleased with and definitely worth the money!

Challacombe and the surrounding areas are beautiful, with lots of information provided on local amenities and good country walks.

This is a perfect getaway for anyone looking to slow down a bit and enjoy some quiet time. Both my friend and I would recommend Home Place Farmhouse Spa to friends/family. Thank you Sarah for such a lovely weekend

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We both loved every minute of our time here. The massage treatments where lovely. The cottage was very cute, clean, quiet and comfortable. The spa was lovely and clean. We went for a walk around the grounds which was lovely. Lots provided for breakfast and the dinner (brought to you in your cottage) was superb! Such a brilliant idea! I hope to return with friends

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha s
Reviewed 14 February 2017

A truly relaxing experience. The cottage and spa was spotlessly clean, warm cozy and beautifully decorated. The breakfast pack was lovely with local produce. I had a back massage with Sarah which was amazing and then spent time in the spa to relax even more. I went horse riding at Exmoor Riding Centre on the Saturday which is just a 20 min drive away and on the Sunday visited Snowdrop Valley which is also a must for this time of of year and only 30 mins drive away. Challacombe is a pretty village and a great base to experience the beautiful countryside. A great deal of loving care and thought has been put into Home Place Spa. A wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We were two friends sharing and Sarah was able to accommodate separate rooms for us on asking.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends