See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Good clean hotel next to the station.
I was here for 3 weeks on business.
The hotels getting on now but staff were good and food ok.
I got the train to Hamamatsu a lot as loads of places to eat there.
Lovely part of Japan that's well worth going to

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The Kakegawa Grand Hotel is very close to the railway station-just opposite. I stayed for four nights and explored the tea growing regions. The Hotel offered welcome drink on the first day and complimentary breakfast on all days. The food was delicious. Hotel staff were very polite and kind. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Tariff is not all expensive. I recommend this Hotel to the tourists for visiting Kakegawa.

Room tip: All the floors are quite good
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Visited 29DEC15. Although the description states four restaurants, when we checked in at ~10:30 PM most of the restaurants were either closed or closing.

The height of the bathroom ceiling is only ~75 inches (1.9 m) tall. I hit my head on the doorjam.

Unlike most modern hotels, this property uses old-fashioned metal keys for the room doors.

The hotel is located right across the street from the train station. Traditional Japanese restaurants are located in and near the train station as well.

Unclear if any rooms are "non-smoking."

Room tip: Check out several rooms before deciding on the one to stay in. The front desk allows you to do so.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2014

The hotel is convenient to the Kakegawa station and has what is needed for a business trip. The hotel has what I would call faded elegance, nicely kept but not updated anytime recently. It has wifi, a must, but no fitness room, dim lighting, limited TV, nothing that disqualifies it but nothing that really distinguishes it. I typically stay one night here and am very satisfied. As a constant traveler, the rest is a wish list, but one I keep hoping to fill with hotels in Japan.

Room tip: Get the junior suite, not pricey and much larger than a standard room.
Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 16 December 2014

I was impressed to have received such good service in a small little town in the middle of Shizuoka Prefecture. The staff are very friendly. We had a meal at the Japanese restaurant on our first night; the staff was happy to answer questions and offer local knowledge about food and Japanese Sake. It is located right across from the Kakegawa train station.

Date of stay: December 2014