All reviews business trip other hotels castle breakfast wifi station lobby japan
Reviewed 28 August 2016

This is the most modern hotel in Toyota City in the area close to Toyotashi train station. So everything is within walking distance and it is very convenient.

I have stayed here multiple times, most recently in August 2016. I typically stay in the room with a single twin or a single double bed. The double bed rooms are more spacious and have a much larger bathroom. As a woman I sometimes struggle with the compact bathrooms in Japanese hotels with a lack of counter space. The bathroom in the double room is really nice and it has a very nice Japanese soaking tub.

This hotel also has wifi which is better than most of the other hotels in the area. This is an important feature for those of us on business who want to stay connected to what is going on at home.

The hotel also offers a breakfast option which I utilized daily. It is pretty good buffet with a decent selection of Japanese and Western style offerings. It doesn't open until 6:45 a.m. which seems a little later than what we are used to in the US. If you don't choose the breakfast there is a Starbucks nearby (10 minute walk) that opens a little later (8 a.m.?) and a Lawson convenient store within 5 minutes of the hotel.

This is a difficult hotel to book if you are not using a travel agency or able to call directly. They have a website but it always shows no rooms available, even months in advance. Your best bet is to call directly if you want to book a room.

Room tip: Single rooms are either a twin or a double. Twin is fine but it is a tiny room. Double is more similar to US hotel.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 421judyk
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Great place, rooms are clean, good size and space. They took care of me every step of the way. Was close enough to Toyota Stadium to go see a soccer game. Easy access to the train station, restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping. I recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Toyota city.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2016

This hotel offers what you need on a business trip. Small but adequate room,allright bed. Room is clean, maintained though little outdated, very helpful and friendly staff, free wifi (once installed...) slow but stable. Breakfast fits your needs. Don't expect to much, but what do you have at home? Skip the coffee (if you are a coffee lover). For coffee, go out the hotel, turn right, first shop named Pronto on the corner has a proper coffee machine.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We stay at this hotel for 1 night, part of our package tour. We got a twin bed room. Room size was good, and air condition worked just fine. Nice bed, we had a good sleep here. Good speed for in-room free Wi-Fi, though extra step require to join the network - you have to log-in and accept the terms and conditions with the web browser. No password needed.

There is only 1 restaurant, Windsor, which we used it for breakfast. Quality and variety were good enough, though we were not into heavy meal since we were catching an early flight.

Hotel location is good. There are many restaurants at COMO Square adjacent to the hotel. More if you walk passed Toyota Subway Station, at Matsuzakaya Annex T-face. Level one is a supermarket. More shopping options around Toyota Subway Station, though most shops closed at 8 pm.

One problem I have with our room is the power points on the work station. There are 2 of it and They are below the 3-way mirror, which mean you can't plug your big charger/adapter directly. I couldn't plug my Apple Macbook Air power adapter directly. Luckily, I brought along my extra 2-pin power cable.. So do remember to bring your 2-pin power cable if you have one!

Otherwise we have a restful night at this hotel. Recommended!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I like this hotel. everything is very good, the room is clean, bathroom is clean, very good internet connection, near to restaurants and supermarkets, near to train station, and foods in hotel restaurant are also very good. i don not have any compalint at all at this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2016