All reviewspiccolo borgorestaurantolivesvillagebalconyhill
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We stayed here for three nights and it was so comfortable, clean and restful. The restraunt was not open, the staff was on vacation, but the breakfast table presented to us each morning was wonderful. Great wine and owners were very friendly and always available. The town was very quaint and we were just steps away of the church so we participated in Sunday mass. I am telling all our friends to stay here, many sights to see just a short drive to get there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

This review pertains to the restaurant only. As if the location and setting weren't enough the food is also first rate. We had a wide variety of antipasto (starters) all of which were delicious. The main course was lamb chops which were the best I have had when traveling to Italy. The building itself is quite charming with spectacular views of the surrounding area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were very happy with this restaurant which seems to be the only one in the charming village of Castelnuovo Parano. Our host (at Notte in Pietra Viva, also very recommendable) booked us a table when we arrived in the evening and we were lucky enough that they had one still available on a Saturday evening! Had we come earlier, we might have been even luckier and gotten a table on the terrace which is the most beautiful spot of the whole restaurant. Inside, it's a bit dark but still very nice. The prices (especially when coming from Rome) are very reasonable and the food as well as the wine was very good quality and we were happy with our choices. I especially want to mention the Tagliatelle con funghi porcini which were heavenly. They use local produce and almost everything is homemade. The restaurant is run by a family who got an award for reviving the place and you get to experience the family spirit as everyone is very friendly in a personal, non touristy way. The waiter even made an effort to explain all the dishes to my husband in English! The next morning we shopped some exquisite olives and salami in their local shop and we regret that we didn't buy more! Would definitely come back (and book a table on the terrace in advance).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Driving south from Rome Airport on our first day in Italy and looking for a quiet romantic hotel for
our first night, we were delighted to find Al Piccolo Borgo. It is at the centre of a tiny hilltop village.
We had a wonderful welcome from the owners and get a room overlooking the village with a stone balcony reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet . Dinner was amazing and we felt we had chosen the perfect place to start our holiday. It is off the beaten track a little but that is what makes it special
Highly recommend for the food and the welcome.

Room Tip: The room with the balcony on the front is wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I read many positive reviews but all related to the restaurant, and I want to emphasize that my dissatisfaction is linked to the experience of the stay.
Since it was supposed to be a time of joy and celebration and has become a night of discomfort and discontent, are doubly annoyed so my point of view is rather extreme.
I emphasize that this hotel was recommended to me by residents of the place - which of course they never needed to sleep! :)

NEGATIVES
HOT. The room was a crematorium. Though we had warned days before we would arrive in the late afternoon, they left the room with the windows wide open to take the July sun all day, and when we entered we almost fainted. The mosquito net was broken up and a couple of bugs were entered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Booking sells this as "has a fan in every room" when I pointed out I was told that it was impossible (I invite the readers to check). No fan was offered to us even after the complaint, even as a partial solution. At night we're dead heat, at 5 in the morning we were woken up by the light and a little later still by the staff who took the service. We had to close everything and we're dead heat even more.

All others are minor issues, which I would not have noticed if I had not been forced into a sweat, afternoon and night before then.
- The Wi-Fi worked for 5 minutes upon arrival, then only the morning of departure.
- The canopy occupied one side of the bow door opening, on the other hand the view of the TV, right in the middle.
- At breakfast there are croissants in the envelope and slices of sponge cake and / or pie. We got the courtesy of an alternative salt of a plate of ham and cheese for one of us asking for it on arrival and breakfast at the same time, when one of the two had almost finished, since it did not seem to be any more memory. Coffee and cappuccino - ranging wondered - are not memorable.
- Parking is available mentioned Booking is almost entirely for residents, and where it is is busy in the wild. You have nothing to do managers of the inn, but carry for those who were traveling by car, on Saturday evening we had to wait for nearly ten minutes that the customers of the restaurant outgoing finished their chat standing in front of open doors of parked cars Tetris in a "we-all-know-each-other", to see a place to leave and go to sleep. Being a native of adjacent locations, I have always regretted that good manners and common sense are not required by law.
- I can not expect me to read all hoteliers thought and interrupt me while I make a request because they have already solved it (but as often happens to me), but feeling secure in silence for a long while I explain what I mean, and hear, "I do not think it's possible" and "One moment", although with a smile, disoriented me.
I find that "Gee, I'm sorry!" and "I'll be to you soon" are more appropriate responses: courtly manners to say too "no" and "now I can not", but avoid embarrass and mortify a customer.

POSITIVES
1) Mattresses fantastic. If it was not for heat, light and noise I would have enjoyed a better night's sleep than I do at my house. Even the pillows were not bad.
2) Throughout the village there was no water, and is completely non-all day. At the hotel we had two showers comfortably long and trouble-free so I think that the structure is also ready for emergencies like that in a village accustomed to drought is not little.
3) The fitting of the breakfast room - and then the restaurant - they are really well made and very beautiful. Although the view of my room was breathtaking. The furnishings were very nice, removed the bad canopy and doors cheesy and semibloccate the shower.
4) I'm not sure, but the juice at the table had to be freshly squeezed.
5) The hotel on site costs less than it sells Booking (and not cheap).
6) Even if you were not required to satisfy the request, however there is an alternative to the standard breakfast was brought to the table so I imagine there will also improve over time, making it a habit.
7) When we left the hotel was setting up the air conditioning in all the rooms, so my bad record will be gone in a few days.
8) The check-out was at 10:30 am, I had not read and we left at 11, with new customers already arrived, but no one has done in a hurry or alerted in the room (our receipt was ready and there was a slight banter about, with a smile).
9) We have given the materials to make a gift bag - the tape and the surface on which wrap - although obviously we gave nuisance because they were working at the tables.
10) In contrast to the bedrooms, the restaurant was fresh and breakfast was divine :)
11) It did not require advance reservations or deposits, despite the high season and the weekend, and everything went peacefully via email.

In essence, we can lay the blame for the incorrect description ALMOST everything that runs on the Internet, because if I had known I would not have gone along with the above advice to book a place without air or fan, no parking or secured with Wifi defective, with continental breakfast and buffet, and so on, because at the same price and at 50 meters there are all these things (at least on paper ... :) and also there now with lead feet!)

Room Tip: Do not choose the plan last summer. Confirm with the phone, in-room amenities. Probably one floor down the Wifi works better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple