“Green Chili Stew and location!”
Review of Rhoda's Restaurant

Rhoda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhoda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to meet when you are at the bottom of the mountain. Situated by lift 1 it is a great place to meet on the front for lunch. Green Chili stew is our favorite, but chicken sandwich and burgers are good too. Good beer selection and friendly service (no cafeteria line here!).

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We stopped for lunch while skiing one afternoon. It is a nice change of pace to have a meal with table service while skiing. The food was good and comparably priced with other mountain food. Easy to get in and out while skiing.

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

I accidentally stumbled on their happy hour and discovered the most amazing "truffle fries". The next day, I timed my break with another couple to be at Rhoda's happy hour again. "Truffle fries", "wings" and "craft beer" were amazing. Thanks for letting me enjoy good food on our ski trip. Looking forward to going their again when I return to Taos.

1  Thank M M
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Menu is somewhat limited but everything is appealing. There is outdoor patio dining which is nice for lunch on a sunny day. As noted the Green Chili Stew was superb as well as their ham and cheese sandwiches. Truffle french fires are wonderful.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I left a comment card at the restaurant with all of this on it, but felt compelled to make sure other patrons who know and love Rhoda's are aware of the management/chef/menu changes.

The biggest thing we noticed is they drastically changed the menu since we visited in March 2015. It is much smaller and several of our favorites are no longer offered. They took off my favorite Turkey BLT Avocado sandwich served on wheat berry bread. They also removed the Fettuccine Alfredo off the menu (which was an "adult" entree but both of my boys happened to LOVE it). Apparently for a while, they even removed Rhoda's salad from the menu but came to their senses and added it back at some point.

Unfortunately, I decided to order the Rhoda's salad as my meal and added the sirloin option to it (they offered sirloin, chicken or smoked salmon for additional charge). No where on the menu did it say the steak would be cold when served. When the waitress brought it out, you could literally see white congealed grease on the cold meat. I decided to go ahead and taste it which led to me promptly digging every single piece out of the salad and sending it back. Disgusting. Tasted old and was definitely congealed grease.

All in all, the waitress was very apologetic and shared with us that we weren't the only ones frustrated with the changes. I can pretty much guarantee that what once used to be a must stop place is now on the "we won't even bother" list....sadly enough.

1  Thank syd21300