“Green Chili Stew was Excellent!”
Review of Rhoda's Restaurant

Rhoda's Restaurant
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Description: Rhoda's is TEMPORARILY CLOSED until next winter ski season. Rhoda's is located in Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico.
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Menu is somewhat limited but everything is appealing. There is outdoor patio dining which is nice for lunch on a sunny day. As noted the Green Chili Stew was superb as well as their ham and cheese sandwiches. Truffle french fires are wonderful.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I left a comment card at the restaurant with all of this on it, but felt compelled to make sure other patrons who know and love Rhoda's are aware of the management/chef/menu changes.

The biggest thing we noticed is they drastically changed the menu since we visited in March 2015. It is much smaller and several of our favorites are no longer offered. They took off my favorite Turkey BLT Avocado sandwich served on wheat berry bread. They also removed the Fettuccine Alfredo off the menu (which was an "adult" entree but both of my boys happened to LOVE it). Apparently for a while, they even removed Rhoda's salad from the menu but came to their senses and added it back at some point.

Unfortunately, I decided to order the Rhoda's salad as my meal and added the sirloin option to it (they offered sirloin, chicken or smoked salmon for additional charge). No where on the menu did it say the steak would be cold when served. When the waitress brought it out, you could literally see white congealed grease on the cold meat. I decided to go ahead and taste it which led to me promptly digging every single piece out of the salad and sending it back. Disgusting. Tasted old and was definitely congealed grease.

All in all, the waitress was very apologetic and shared with us that we weren't the only ones frustrated with the changes. I can pretty much guarantee that what once used to be a must stop place is now on the "we won't even bother" list....sadly enough.

1  Thank syd21300
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Food and service were average but location is great right by lift 1. Great for people watching. Entire ski valley undergoing a nice renovation so hopefully this will help bring life to Rhoda's.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

My Rhoda Salad was good. My Wife's Ceasar Salad was subpar. Convenient location at base of mountain. Friendly service.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Rhoda's is a Taos Ski Valley stand by - great food, great views, and a full service restaurant and bar. You'll enjoy a great lunch or intimate dinner after your time on the slopes. Always busy and fine dining. Skip the cafeteria and enjoy a real Taos treat. Our lunch for not only delicious but memorable and I hope you visit.

1  Thank JoeHoustonTraveller