All reviewsfamily lifemain restaurantresolved quicklyextra touchesbaby clubevening entertainment for adultsbeach is lovelykos townbaby poolsbig showerstyle hotelmain poolfree al a cartegreat holidaybig variety of foodevening partiesgin and vodka
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 2 small children beginning of August. I had reserved a family room and paid more to get one. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told I was overbooked. Booking a specific type room in a four star hotel and being over booked just means that this hotel is not worthy of a 4 star category. For this reason, I will never return to this place. Cherry on the cake, I got downgraded to a small room and certainly not worthy of a 4 star category. Amazing and a first for me.

I was parked in a very small room for two nights, with bunk beds for the kids (my youngest is 3 and they probably estimated that my child would not be climbing the ladder and would not hurt himself too much when he fell on the tiled floor).

Please note that in my case, the pictures seen on the website did not look at all like the room I was parked in.

The room I got 2 days after was fine, and the food and restaurant staff very kind.

Standard rooms are very small and you will be surprised by the looks of the bathroom if you expect to have booked a four star. Room for two is perhaps ok, but for a family of four, too small. Family rooms are nice, but overbooked (other families from our group were also overbooked). There are recent rooms and older rooms. Cross your fingers to get a new one, but never forget murphey's law...

The pictures on the website were not at all representative of the room I was parked in.

I will not be returning to this hotel for the overbooking reason. Any person reserving a family room in this hotel should from my past experience be very cautious. Overbooking without giving true compensation is theft! Hotel offers what they call compensation. A free safe (if someone wants to rob you, they will rip the safe out of the cupboard guys), free sun beds at the beach (overbooked here as we'll so no chance to get one) and a free meal at an a la carte restaurant (in an all inclusive resort... I guess I must look like an idiot)

That's my experience, and did I mention I will not be returning to this hotel due to their overbooking policy?

Note to the hotel manager, you never came to apologise when I was there, so please don't respond to this review. You had your chance when I was there and demanded to speak to you on my arrival but we're not available to deal with rightfully angry customers.

Room Tip: Overbooking policy. Beware... Old rooms and newer better furnished rooms available Not enough sun beds
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank CAMPAGNOL110
Kalogeridis, General Manager at Atlantica Marmari Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 5 September 2014

As mentioned before the service from the vast majority of staff was first class, if it wasn't it was
usually due to language differences. The hotel room we had allocated did not look like the Thomson/First choice website. There some refurbished rooms which i heard people complaning get
if they were available. The food and gardens were of a good standard for the price. However the room safe was available for 25 Euro per week however the wi fi in the room is free.
The balconies in the low rise block we were in were less than 1M apart and were open which
was fine for the first 4 days until the new occupants in the next 2 rooms were heavy smokers
which did not make for a relaxing time on our balcony with a book or a drink. When will travel companies offer non smoking blocks for our use.
As mentioned in the title it is a sandy beach with a very small say 1.5M fine gravel level just
as you enter the water then it shelves nicely out with two islands which shelter the sea making
the sea very calm or very small waves. However there is no visible life guard on duty.
The bus into Kos town is 2 euro and a taxi is 22 euro and runs nearly every hour but a bus timetable is available from the desk.
The flight home from Kos airport is very chaotic with no departure boards on either levels
only tv screens by the gates which did not have any info on them, the two ladies on duty airside had to handle the 4 flights leaving within the same our and kept being asked for info
as there were no boards to update passengers. Could do a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Atlantica Club Marmari Beach. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I paid for a suite. didn't get it. been home for 6 weeks now still waiting for a refund.
pool etc nice staff friendly. RIP of though. over booking to make more money. advice is check that you are getting what you paid for. get it there and then or refuse to do anything until you get it in resort. otherwise you will not get what you paid for.
Feeling well and truly robbed

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank James B

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great hotel, in a quiet resort right on the beach.

The hotel is modern and clean, with a lovely spacious feel and lots of beautiful gardens. The 3 pools & short walk through complex to the beach were a hit with all the family. The beach is sandy & white with no shortage of beds & parasols, although not included - 3 beds & parasol was approx 8E for the day (with the beach taverna on hand & showers which were regularly cleaned, the value still meant a great day out).

All inclusive was good value and provided everything you needed through out the day with options for meals, snacks & drinks. The food in the main buffet style restaurant is fantastic, lots of choice and all fresh. Themed evenings made a great change, we had Greek & Italian.

The hotel is right in Marmari which is a small resort but with a nice selection of bars, restaurants & taverna's if you choose to explore outside the hotel. There are a couple of supermarkets which have everything you might need & more.

The bus stop is right opposite and within 20-25 mins you can be in Kos town, for those who want the hussle & bustle of a busy resort! or 5-10 mins to next resort of Tingaki, which again is busier and has a little more to offer in the form of tourism, if you fancy a change of scenery.

We hired a car and headed up the mountains, Zia is a local mountain town and worth a visit about 15 mins drive, go at sunset - beautiful! Also took a trip to paradise beach, which was lovely, water so clear & still, with white sand in the bay & lots of water activities.

Loved Kos and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie B

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

We feel rewarded to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach aand that you could not fault any of our facilities, services and hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Been back about a week now and missing the hot 35'C weather. The hotel is situated in relaxed and quiet village. The beach is close by, a few bars and restaurants that do a fine job. The hotel is AI which takes a lot of stress out. A few bits do need some payment. As with many AI hotels food can seem repetitive. There are themed evenings each night. The key too the food is to make a balanced variation. Some just think lump it all on! Only a few English here which I enjoy to be honest. Many eastern European and Scandinavians. The staff are wonderful! From the grass cutters, pool attendants, bar men/ladies, chefs, reception, room maids all smiles and love a bit of "Kalameira", "aferistoo" "Yamush". Happy days. The hotel really works hard to do well, greek night very amusing, A la carte restaurants and 3 options for lunch location. a number of bars dotted around doing a great job with cold beer! With lots of pools drinks are in plastic or paper cups. You get used to this. The only gripe/constructive advice was the show theatre that had a shed with beer and wine for self use. A shame no other entertainment at bar area so one could enjoy say a coffee and Ouzo, ,etc. Kos is a small island, had a car for the week which was great for getting to beaches in the south and kos town , north and other places. nowhere is to far away. Have done many greek islands and enjoy the warm, clear water, great for snorkeling. Went with Thomson and the seem to pick decent hotels. Second year running with them and second year running at an 'Atlantico Hotel' chain. NOt quiet a 4 star but the hotel does not let itself done by working hard, being cheerful and putting the guest most certainly first. Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bill_tee

Dear Reviewer,

It was indeed very kind of you to take the time and let us have your impressions from your recent stay at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach.

The aim of the entire Atlantica Club Marmari Beach team has always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future.