“Very clean and the staff are very friendly”

Atlantica Marmari Beach
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Reviewed 21 September 2014

We booked this hotel from 6th September to 13th September.
We arrived very early in the morning so the place was extremely quiet, we checked in very quickly and went straight to sleep.
We was given room 301, when booking the room with First Choice, I thought we would be getting a room with a double bed and a single bed also. Instead we received a double bed in one room and a bunk bed in the room you first walk into when entering the room. This wasnt ideal as we were three friends and wanted to be in the same room. We went down for breakfast at the main restaurant, the staff all said good morning which was lovely. There was a lot of choice for breakfast but I will be honest in saying we were disappointed with the quality of food. We had our meeting with our first choice rep and explained about the room, we got changed 2 days later to room 106, the bathroom was much nicer in this room but again we got a double bed and a bunk bed but this time in the same room.
The pool areas were lovely and the sunbeds provided were great. The hotel as a whole was always very clean and each member of staff was always polite and friendly, this to me was the best thing about the hotel.
There are four restaurants in this hotel, the main restaurant which was a major disappointment, we didnt like the food and we saw it as just being slop, you could not have a balanced meal as it was mainly carbs. Next was the Italian, if you stay in this hotel, you MUST go to the italian, the food was beautiful. There was the Green & Grill, staff were very friendly but the food wasnt great and very limited choice. Next the Tavern by the sea which was lovely. One thing about the three seperate restaurants, they do not cater for bugs, there is no bug repellent so be prepared to be eaten alive, we all were and I would say we each got at least 20 bites throughout our stay.
We went to the beach twice, you have to pay for the beds which I didnt think we had to but this was fine. The beach is lovely and clean.
We had a very late check out at 1am in the morning, our first choice rep left us a letter explaining the process, it was mentioned that the hotel may sometimes hold on a courtesy room for you and if they are unable to do that you can have a late check out room at an extra cost. When asking at reception, neither was available but they do have a wash room and provide towels so you can have a reasonably normal day.
Lastly I would like to make a point about the bars, they only offer around 6 cocktails, all are made extremely strong, the best I would say was the yummi. This hotel does not have much to offer when it comes to nightlife which left us extremely bored of a night time. The entertainment was awful and terribly cheesy, it felt more for the kids even though it was 9pm.
This hotel is unfortunately in the middle of nowhere, which meant we couldnt even venture out for nightlife, there is a bar across the road that was always empty, a small supermarket which didnt have much to offer. There are about 3 restaurants on the beach front.
This hotel is also very german orientated, with english being the third language rather than the second, we were definitely the minority and their food is catered more towards germans.
This hotel has great potential but for now it was very mediocre, they could do a lot more considering it was a four star hotel. It also does not look like the advertising pictures.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cherelle H
Kalogeridis, General Manager at Atlantica Marmari Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 12 September 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 2 small children beginning of August. I had reserved a family room and paid more to get one. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told I was overbooked. Booking a specific type room in a four star hotel and being over booked just means that this hotel is not worthy of a 4 star category. For this reason, I will never return to this place. Cherry on the cake, I got downgraded to a small room and certainly not worthy of a 4 star category. Amazing and a first for me.

I was parked in a very small room for two nights, with bunk beds for the kids (my youngest is 3 and they probably estimated that my child would not be climbing the ladder and would not hurt himself too much when he fell on the tiled floor).

Please note that in my case, the pictures seen on the website did not look at all like the room I was parked in.

The room I got 2 days after was fine, and the food and restaurant staff very kind.

Standard rooms are very small and you will be surprised by the looks of the bathroom if you expect to have booked a four star. Room for two is perhaps ok, but for a family of four, too small. Family rooms are nice, but overbooked (other families from our group were also overbooked). There are recent rooms and older rooms. Cross your fingers to get a new one, but never forget murphey's law...

The pictures on the website were not at all representative of the room I was parked in.

I will not be returning to this hotel for the overbooking reason. Any person reserving a family room in this hotel should from my past experience be very cautious. Overbooking without giving true compensation is theft! Hotel offers what they call compensation. A free safe (if someone wants to rob you, they will rip the safe out of the cupboard guys), free sun beds at the beach (overbooked here as we'll so no chance to get one) and a free meal at an a la carte restaurant (in an all inclusive resort... I guess I must look like an idiot)

That's my experience, and did I mention I will not be returning to this hotel due to their overbooking policy?

Note to the hotel manager, you never came to apologise when I was there, so please don't respond to this review. You had your chance when I was there and demanded to speak to you on my arrival but we're not available to deal with rightfully angry customers.

Room Tip: Overbooking policy. Beware... Old rooms and newer better furnished rooms available Not enough sun...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank CAMPAGNOL110

Reviewed 5 September 2014

As mentioned before the service from the vast majority of staff was first class, if it wasn't it was
usually due to language differences. The hotel room we had allocated did not look like the Thomson/First choice website. There some refurbished rooms which i heard people complaning get
if they were available. The food and gardens were of a good standard for the price. However the room safe was available for 25 Euro per week however the wi fi in the room is free.
The balconies in the low rise block we were in were less than 1M apart and were open which
was fine for the first 4 days until the new occupants in the next 2 rooms were heavy smokers
which did not make for a relaxing time on our balcony with a book or a drink. When will travel companies offer non smoking blocks for our use.
As mentioned in the title it is a sandy beach with a very small say 1.5M fine gravel level just
as you enter the water then it shelves nicely out with two islands which shelter the sea making
the sea very calm or very small waves. However there is no visible life guard on duty.
The bus into Kos town is 2 euro and a taxi is 22 euro and runs nearly every hour but a bus timetable is available from the desk.
The flight home from Kos airport is very chaotic with no departure boards on either levels
only tv screens by the gates which did not have any info on them, the two ladies on duty airside had to handle the 4 flights leaving within the same our and kept being asked for info
as there were no boards to update passengers. Could do a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Atlantica Club Marmari Beach. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I paid for a suite. didn't get it. been home for 6 weeks now still waiting for a refund.
pool etc nice staff friendly. RIP of though. over booking to make more money. advice is check that you are getting what you paid for. get it there and then or refuse to do anything until you get it in resort. otherwise you will not get what you paid for.
Feeling well and truly robbed

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank James B

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great hotel, in a quiet resort right on the beach.

The hotel is modern and clean, with a lovely spacious feel and lots of beautiful gardens. The 3 pools & short walk through complex to the beach were a hit with all the family. The beach is sandy & white with no shortage of beds & parasols, although not included - 3 beds & parasol was approx 8E for the day (with the beach taverna on hand & showers which were regularly cleaned, the value still meant a great day out).

All inclusive was good value and provided everything you needed through out the day with options for meals, snacks & drinks. The food in the main buffet style restaurant is fantastic, lots of choice and all fresh. Themed evenings made a great change, we had Greek & Italian.

The hotel is right in Marmari which is a small resort but with a nice selection of bars, restaurants & taverna's if you choose to explore outside the hotel. There are a couple of supermarkets which have everything you might need & more.

The bus stop is right opposite and within 20-25 mins you can be in Kos town, for those who want the hussle & bustle of a busy resort! or 5-10 mins to next resort of Tingaki, which again is busier and has a little more to offer in the form of tourism, if you fancy a change of scenery.

We hired a car and headed up the mountains, Zia is a local mountain town and worth a visit about 15 mins drive, go at sunset - beautiful! Also took a trip to paradise beach, which was lovely, water so clear & still, with white sand in the bay & lots of water activities.

Loved Kos and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie B

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

We feel rewarded to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us at the Atlantica Club Marmari Beach aand that you could not fault any of our facilities, services and hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Best Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
0.8 km away
1.2 km away
Mariliza Beach Bungalows
Mariliza Beach Bungalows
#6 of 15 in Marmari

Been to Atlantica Marmari Beach? Share your experiences!