“Sassafras Cafe holds the heart of the village”
Review of Sassafras Cafe

Sassafras Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Sassafras
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fantastic homemade scones, light breakfasts and lunches, and great coffee!!
Reviewed 5 April 2023

The Sassafras Cafe holds the heart of this charming village. The owner Rod is a gem💎
Izzy serves with a smile 😊 my pumpkin soup came in a huge bowl and was hearty. The chicken schnitzel burger was yummy. My cousins quiche delicious. The berry cheesecake divine. My chai latte came with a flower imprinted in the froth which is what I’m all about. Never had a flower in my cup before💜I then purchased 3 more sweet cakes to take home to my cousins property.
A memorable experience!

Date of visit: March 2023

Reviewed 3 January 2023 via mobile

Love this place for its relaxed atmosphere and best coffee!! Yum scones the size of your head!! Staff are always so friendly! Our kids love this place and the staff are always so nice to them!

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 12 June 2022 via mobile

Great service and delicious meals and coffee. Very friendly welcome and clean facilities. A great place to stop on a cold rainy day

Date of visit: June 2022
Reviewed 1 February 2022 via mobile

I went in to get a coffee and a focaccia and in my 30-40 minutes there I was shocked at the comments being made! An older man who I can only assume is the owner or boss was making remarks about customers in a disgusting manner (commenting on looks and appearance). Lots of swearing and the other staff seemed uncomfortable the whole time. He also made many sexual references which should never be made in the workplace. I truely hope that this is not a regular thing as I am absolutely appalled. Coffee was good but the food was average. Will not be returning.

Date of visit: January 2022
1  Thank 563leighr
Reviewed 18 January 2022

Honestly felt sorry for the staff. He was grumbling and shaking his head at his staff for not helping us even though they were with other customers. We even over heard him saying some wildly inappropriate “jokes” to other customers ( “ don’t trust the French” “ bloody Sri Lankans everywhere” ). He told us that we should go else where for vegan food. His staff however were lovely, trying to make accommodations and adjustments for us. Nearly everything we requested they had run out of which was a bit disappointing. We ending up at the Olinda Cafe which was so much nicer.

Date of visit: January 2022