“Yeah, so so.”

Proserpina Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Sassafras
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have visited a couple of times and had good coffee and beautiful pastries on both occasions. Haven't had breakfast or a meal but menu looks nice. Being that it's across the road from Ripe, I haven't bothered. Bread making looks incredible but I feel the place is a little lost in it's baron desert like surroundings. If the nursery was still up and running it would make it a lot more appealing. Just seems to be missing something. Surroundings are equally as important.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I went here with some friends and wasn’t hugely impressed. The coffee took forever to arrive and the order was wrong. Three of had finished our coffee before the forth person received theirs.

The food was okay but unfortunately a very limited selection was available as things had sold out. This was at 2pm! I understand they don’t want waste but you still need to have enough. I wanted to take a loaf of bread home and made my selection only to be told they’d sold out.

This is my second visit here and I’m still not impressed.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Located In the middle of Sassafras, this cafe/bakery produces a good variety of tasty savoury and sweet goods - there's something for everyone- my sweet favourite is the ginger creme brûlée pie. For a savoury lunch there's homemade pies, pizza slices, tarts, healthy salads etc. Also stocks quality cheeses and organic goods.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We were really drawn to this cafe because it's so pretty and things are clearly carefully made on site (bread, cakes and pastries etc) which is lovely to see but unfortunately my bostock was dry and my sister in law's pavlova was undercooked. Neither of us enjoyed. Also the food in our opinion should always be stored protected from flies which were everywhere. That would also stop things going stale

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the location , variety on the menu and the children's play area outside . I ordered off the specials board , veggie curry , was delicious .
Lost a star because they had no change table for my daughter . They directed me to a nearby public toilet which also had no change table , so I had to change my daughter in the gazebo at the park .

1  Thank Penny M