See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2015

while traveling around Tuscany we were recommended by a friend to stop-by for the night. the agriturismo is in a great spot of green maremma, close to capalbio and even closer to very nice beach locations. the facility is really beautiful, built and decorated with great taste. we love having dinner and the food was special : Alessandro is the owner and the chef and he cooks with first quality ingredients and with no non needed fats.
Don't miss a horse back riding under the guide of his wife!
we are planning to spend there our christmas holidays!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We have been there to sleep 2 nights. Even if the structure is located in a nice area close to Capalbio, considering the price paid we expected more services and facilities. No swimming pool and limited solarium area in the garden (even if very well maintained). But the worste aspect was that we have been given a room on the ground floor, in the back of the building and just beside the restaurant huge air conditioning engine. Making noises all the day long from 7am to 2 am. In the middle of the countryside the maximum noise that you want to hear are crickets and birds!
On the other side, i want to highlight that the personnel is very nice and the breakfast is really good.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This has got to be on your bucket list. The whole ambiance is one that you have always dreamt of. The whole Tuscan dreamlike atmosphere with the most delicious food in the entire world... you have to be there to experience what I did. It has got to be one step closer to heaven if nothing else. I would definitely recommend it 100000%.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I loved staying at Antica Pinciana. The grounds are beautiful and the views are breathtaking. The property is surrounded by olive trees and it is very scenic with a gorgeous view of the hillside town of Copalbio. Every morning Nico and his mom serve delicious breakfast. All the ingredients come straight from the farm to the table. Nico is the owner and he and his mom cook the meals themselves. I also had lunch and dinner on the farm and the food was really delicious. Everything is really fresh and mouth-watering. I am not exaggerating. The food is incredible - the wine too by the way. Nico makes the wine himself and it is really good. There are animals on the farm. A little family of a goat, sheep and two lambs. They are so adorable - watching them made me smile. Then there is also a horse stable with some beautiful horses and a stunning black stallion. Francesca, Nico's wife, is a horseback riding trainer and she takes people on tours around Copalbio and provides lessons to those who are interested. I had never done it before and I went on two tours. I must say I was scared at first, but with Francesca you are in safe hands. I really enjoyed riding around Copalbio and being surrounded by such beautiful scenery. I also must add that the rooms were very comfortable - really clean and cosy with nice decor. There is also free WIFI and, on top of everything, this place is only an hour and a half away from Rome and Florence. It is a place where you can relax and enjoy the countryside while being within a very easy reach to the city. It is a true gem and I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Just an hour and a half from Rome, you have Antica Pinciana in Capalbio - set in gorgeous surroundings (olive trees, red poppies the entire Tuscan dream) in a relaxed, family atmosphere. The rooms are well equipped and modern, with a nod to its Tuscan heritage. I stayed in the 'Topo Gigio' room, which had gorgeous views over the surrounding farmland. Glance out from the back of the property and you see the medieval walled village of Capalbio on the hillside, with its winding streets, great bars and friendly people and a spectacular view over the surrounding countryside.
I have to say though, being a foodie, I loved the relaxed breakfasts with a choice of home cooked crostata, cakes, cereals juices and coffee - sitting outside listening to the birds. The lunch outdoors was even more delicious - with agnolotti dolce (wow), followed by a bistecca Fiorentina sizzling on the serving plate - Great company, fantastic food and a gorgeous setting. As a sole traveller, I felt very welcomed, cared for and not alone. If you don't have the courage to drive in Italy (as I didn't) you can take a train from Rome to Capalbio, and simply call the owners and they will arrange to have you picked up from the station. There are gorgeous beaches nearby if you visit over the summer or winter. Absolutely loved it!! I will return in the future. Highly recommended..

Date of stay: May 2010