“Amazing ”

Jacobs Plough
Ranked #14 of 130 Restaurants in Bicester
Price range: USD 16 - USD 26
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jacobs Plough offers some of the best, innovative and creative dishes, using Aubrey Allen meats, Jimmy Butlers Pork and fish fish from Brixham on a daily basis. With an extensive wine list, fantastic spirit selection and guest ales, there is nothing not to tempt everyone though the doors. With a sunny courtyard that is prefect for alfresco sipping.
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Came for a late dinner with my Mum on an extremely hot evening, we were seated at a nice shaded table and being fussy, we were allowed to slightly tweak our orders. The gnnochi was by far the best either of us have ever eaten and our server (Beatra? I'm so sorry if that's wrong!) Was wonderful and we had a lovely evening. Thank you

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I think the place has recently changed hands - having seen some of the negative reviews we went with trepidation, but these are definitely from the old owners.

It's now a quirky and friendly pub with a great selection of food and drink. Despite being a busy Friday night the staff were welcoming and found us a table.

We only had a burger and a couple of beers, but they were worth it and exactly what we needed after a long days travelling. I wish we'd had a chance to visit again and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to give this newly refurbished pub a try and after two visits so far we have not been disappointed. The staff are so welcoming and friendly and the food is superb.
We are looking forward to trying the Sunday roast and will definitely be using this lovely pub as our local
One thing worth mentioning is the loyalty card well worth signing up to for money off on future visits.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We have eaten at their other restaurants and have always been impressed, so we decided to give the Plough a go. It was very busy, which is a good sign, and although we arrived early we weren't seated until about 10 mins after our booking time. We didn't mind this at all. We were dealt with by friendly staff and the beer was great. It took an hour after ordering before we received our starters, but again I could forgive this as the food when it came was delicious. The wine was also good. We then had to wait 50 minutes from when the starters were cleared before our mains arrived. Mine was badly burned and should never have left the kitchen. I complained immediately and the price of my main course was deducted from the bill. They did offer to replace the meal, but after waiting so long I didn't want to wait anymore. My partners main course was over seasoned and tasted too salty, but we didn't complain about this as we didn't want to appear too fussy.... We weren't told when we arrived that there would be such a delay and we never received any apology for the delays. This was a simple training of staff issue. It's a shame because it could have been very good. The place is done out nicely, the drinks are good and I'm sure the food would have been if it had been cooked properly. Perhaps they are still finding their feet. I will, perhaps, give this place another try in a few weeks.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Having been recently taken over by the House of Jacob, this pub is really pulling in a crowd (or certainly has the two times I have visited). It has a seasonal menu with local ingredients and the food really is excellent. They also have a good wine menu, a decent selection of beers. It's well worth having a pudding!
The first time I went the service was slightly on the slow side but the second time it was much better (potentially a few teething problems). Compared to some other places, it is more expensive but well worth the price.
I thought the gluten free options were a little limited (especially as I could see some easy ways to provide more of a choice) but overall there will be something for everyone here.

Date of visit: May 2017