“Awsome”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went last Tuesday and I loved it all. Fantastic service. The food was delicious and the portion size was very filing. Always a pleasure to visit such a lovely friendly family run establishment.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a drink in the bar whilst waiting for our food. Very well presented restaurant, however we were disappointed by our curries. We ordered a Dansak and a Madras. Both looked exactly the same, bright red, and tasted mostly of tomato purée with an unpleasant tangy aftertaste. Bombay potatoes were also bright red. Only thing that was ok was simple plain rice. Such a waste of money!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I have been a regular customer of this restaurant for many years now and also their take away delivery service. I ordered my first online delivery as had no cash to pay and I was impressed with the quick and efficient service. The food was just as good as I receive at the restaurant very high quality and the staff are all friendly. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

My partner ordered a chicken Balti with no onion. We understand that base sauces are made from ground onions that cannot be removed, however the curry arrived full of chopped onion. The waiter first argued that they cannot remove any more onion than that, but then shortly stated that they will remove all onion next time we come... obviously that's not helpful and tells me they just couldn't be bothered this time. Both my curry (chicken tikka jalfrezi) and my partner's Balti tasted heavily of beef stock cubes. This taste was so over powering it made the curry not nice. It's a shame the sauces tasted of stock cubes as the meat quality was very good

thamin a, Manager at Shakil's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your review. I just want to clarify that we do not use any oxo cubes in any of our dishes and don't have any stock of these either. I appreciate your feedback on the food and apologise for the bad experience you have had with us.

Please call us on 01869328807/08 so that we can rectify our mistake. We take pride in our customers and want to make sure that every customer is satisfied with their food whether this is dining in/taking out.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Came here after reading positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Asked for balti with no onions, arrived and they'd clearly spooned a few out of their standard dish. Sauce was horrid tasted of oxo cubes. Waiter then kept assuring us they'd make it better next time, sorry pal there won't be a next time. We're from. Nottingham and the restaurants near us would wipe the floor with your food, sorry.

thamin a, Manager at Shakil's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago