“fantastic meals, prices and service”

Serranos Mexican Cantina
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Beenleigh
Price range: USD 8 - USD 22
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Everytime we visit this restaurant we are greeted by the friendly and helpful staff. The food is always excellent and is very well priced. Desserts are amazing. One visit will have you returning.

serranosmexican, Owner at Serranos Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you had a great time and like the new menu options. And YES we love the desserts too :)

Thanks again

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Went here because it is in the entertainment book and we had been wanting to try it out.
A great little place with exceptionally friend staff and a great atmosphere. The food didn't disappoint either. Service was quick with both drinks and food. A step up from Montezumas. Kid friendly as well. Indoor and outdoor setting available. We will be going back.

That Entertainment Book is great!

I'm happy you had a good time!

Thanks for the review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food!!!
And the service is excellent! Above the Queensland F&B service we're used to by far!
Troy went above and beyond to make us comfortable. ...as it was a cold night and the only table left was outside in the coldest spot. He gave us blankets and eventually moved us inside (to our surprise - totally unexpected ) when he found out he had a cancellation.
Seriously fabulous place

Thank you to Troy, Karla and all the staff from Ros & Jen

OMG

you are welcome :)

BTW the heaters are working now, but we still have blankets too :)

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Have been coming here for years & feel like part of the family! Food is fantastic, reasonably priced & so filling I always take home a little doggy bag for the next day. Troy, Carla & the team provide a great atmosphere & nothing is too much trouble for them. Highly recommend Serranos for great food & service. As long as Serranos is open my friends will keep coming back ☺

1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

I am originally from Beenleigh & usually always try to get back here on holidays. Meal was ok & lady that served us was lovely. However some prices seem to have exorbitantly increased.

We got the large nachos at $32! It wasn't what I would call large (more like an average single serve) Extremely expensive, overpriced is an understatement. I paid for an additional guacamole at $5 ($2 at Guzman Gomez for much larger & better) which was in a smaller dish than the guacamole that came out with the nachos.

Tacos were still cheap. Sangria was affordable & delicious. I would have to disappointly say Guzman Gomez is 3x better now, much better menu, more healthier options, much more freshier style ingredients/sauces/herbs (all free & help yourself)

All up I paid nearly $40 for just myself. Been at Guzman Gomez at hyperdome the day before & spent $30 for 2 people, including corona's @ $7 each. That was a complete pigout feast of burritos & tacos with extras.

I'd recommend reviewing ur prices. Many locals would like to support ur business over other chains, but you need to be competitive. It used to be half the price of ur competitors.

Personally it does not even closely compare to Guzman's, except they don't have Sangria. I'd hate to say it but food at Guzman's is so much better.

Sad to say, but after 17years of coming here I don't think I will be back.

I would recommend owners to visit Guzman's & review prices asap.

1  Thank Bennine M

Hi thanks for your review,
I'm a little confused ... I'm not sure what you mean about the Nachos El Grande being a average single serve, Most people share this between 2 or 3 people,
I eat Mexican a lot and from a lot of other places and I have yet found a bigger Nachos, specially one with 400 grams of freshly cooked meats, cooked in an oven not a grill, and served with fresh guacamole, sour cream and homemade salsa. (check out the price of a 400 gram steak, last one i bought was $35.00 and the sauce was extra!)
I have been to GYG a quite a few times, and truly it is not that great. It's not bad but it isn't that good neither. I guess it all comes down to personal taste.
You do realize GYG is Food Court Food? The paper plates, burritos wrapped in al-foil and plastic folks are a bit of a give away, there is a reason their burritos are $14.00
70% of it is Rice, Beans and Salad.
We review our prices every year and are substantially cheaper and better value then any of our competitors (restaurants that have real metal knives and folks, plates, Table service and napkins not found in a tissue box in the middle of the table.)

BTW Wednesday Nights Coronas are only 5 Bucks :)

It is a shame you don't think you will return back to Serranos Mexican
we will miss you :(