“I've been a huge fan of this place for a long time*”

Serranos Mexican Cantina
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Beenleigh
Price range: USD 8 - USD 22
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

I am originally from Beenleigh & usually always try to get back here on holidays. Meal was ok & lady that served us was lovely. However some prices seem to have exorbitantly increased.

We got the large nachos at $32! It wasn't what I would call large (more like an average single serve) Extremely expensive, overpriced is an understatement. I paid for an additional guacamole at $5 ($2 at Guzman Gomez for much larger & better) which was in a smaller dish than the guacamole that came out with the nachos.

Tacos were still cheap. Sangria was affordable & delicious. I would have to disappointly say Guzman Gomez is 3x better now, much better menu, more healthier options, much more freshier style ingredients/sauces/herbs (all free & help yourself)

All up I paid nearly $40 for just myself. Been at Guzman Gomez at hyperdome the day before & spent $30 for 2 people, including corona's @ $7 each. That was a complete pigout feast of burritos & tacos with extras.

I'd recommend reviewing ur prices. Many locals would like to support ur business over other chains, but you need to be competitive. It used to be half the price of ur competitors.

Personally it does not even closely compare to Guzman's, except they don't have Sangria. I'd hate to say it but food at Guzman's is so much better.

Sad to say, but after 17years of coming here I don't think I will be back.

I would recommend owners to visit Guzman's & review prices asap.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank benninemorrison
serranosmexican, Owner at Serranos Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi thanks for your review,
I'm a little confused ... I'm not sure what you mean about the Nachos El Grande being a average single serve, Most people share this between 2 or 3 people,
I eat Mexican a lot and from a lot of other places and I have yet found a bigger Nachos, specially one with 400 grams of freshly cooked meats, cooked in an oven not a grill, and served with fresh guacamole, sour cream and homemade salsa. (check out the price of a 400 gram steak, last one i bought was $35.00 and the sauce was extra!)
I have been to GYG a quite a few times, and truly it is not that great. It's not bad but it isn't that good neither. I guess it all comes down to personal taste.
You do realize GYG is Food Court Food? The paper plates, burritos wrapped in al-foil and plastic folks are a bit of a give away, there is a reason their burritos are $14.00
70% of it is Rice, Beans and Salad.
We review our prices every year and are substantially cheaper and better value then any of our competitors (restaurants that have real metal knives and folks, plates, Table service and napkins not found in a tissue box in the middle of the table.)

BTW Wednesday Nights Coronas are only 5 Bucks :)

It is a shame you don't think you will return back to Serranos Mexican
we will miss you :(

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Service was prompt, friendly, and accurate. Table of 5 and got our favourite-fajitas (2xchicken & 3xcombo)-they are amazing and an excellent value for the amount of delicious food you get. We will definitely be trying the new tapas menu-sadly we were too full for dessert this time (the stuffed waffles are always fantastic though). Never disappointed here and we drive nearly an hour to visit. Troy & Carla work hard to provide an excellent experience for everyone-just be sure to book in a day or 2 early or you might miss out.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Great atmosphere. Very friendly service. But in my opinion the food is a bit expensive. Average price of a main meal $35. even Nacho's are over $30 which are a bit expensive

Date of visit: May 2016
serranosmexican, Owner at Serranos Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Hey Matthews Family,

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had a good time but ..... i'm not sure you have the right place?
Our average Main meal price is about $23 dollars, and I think the most expensive meal for a single person is $30? which would be our Fajitas for 1 (this is one of our signature meals)
We do have larger more expensive meals but these are to share between 2 or 3 people (even when you split those those up it still only comes down to $24 per head and you get FREE top ups on some of the goodies.)

The Nachos which is another of our signature meals start at $15 for a plain nachos which still comes with a generous smack of sour cream, guacamole and fresh salsa, Nachos with single filling is only $20 (which is what we recommend to most of our diners who crave our nachos) There is also a double filling (where you can mix and match) for $25.
And then we have our Nacho El Grande which is $32 but this is massive and you definitely share this fella. Normally with 3 or 4 other friends. :)
Most people still struggle to finish the normal single filling Nachos !

If you added an entree and main pricing together, yes you would be around the $35 per person, would love to get some more feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

AMAZING new Tapas menu will have us coming back real soon. Love coming here, the staff, the atmosphere, the food!!

Date of visit: May 2016
serranosmexican, Owner at Serranos Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thankyou for the kind words, I'm glad you like the new Menu

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Very nice atmosphere. Some kind of homestay/ranch, with a vibe that feels like you are amidst family - even if you don't know a soul outside of your table. Upon entry we were greeted cordially, though warned there was a rush of people coming so we should try and speed up the order. The lady found us a seat, and recommended something according to our tastes and then we waited.

Ten minutes later, food came out! This is definitely a one up above Montezumas! We ordered the enchiladas and chimichanga. Both were nice, but the chimichanga was better dish to order because its less common and I couldn't make it at home. The enchilada unfortunately was a little like the ones I have assembled myself from the home kits.

Saying that, there was plenty of good quality meat in the meals, alongside a good serving of salad and rice. We had more than enough each, which is usually NOT the case (we are hungry people!).

I would come back here with family for a Saturday night dinner, or friends for a few drinks with dinner. Its not a five star type place. But if you want a cool place to hang out, catch up and enjoy some homestyle food, this is your best bet in Logan. I would recommend making a reservation if you plan to come on a busy night.

Date of visit: April 2016