“Good quality Indian dishes”

Mahdi's Indian Takeaway and Kebabs
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Wroughton
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Eaten from here often. Good quality and portion sizes. Freshly cooked and the owner will listen to your request as I often want more chillies---very quick turnaround and clean premises. Will recommend them without a doubt.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve worked for an Indian take away in Swindon before so have had the pleasure of tasting everything on there menu plus getting the owner /chef to cook for me
Because where I live that take away is to far but decided to try 1 in wroughton on the high st mardihs
Spoke to man behind counter who was great , family run take away who are passionate about giving 100% his brother is main chef AMAZING FOOD, and so welcoming to walk in to the shop BUT and BIG BUT, I asked for them to change things WHICH they did amazingly lovely proper family who love to give us some of wot they love to cook and eat
PLEASE PEOPLE , if you want a home cooked Indian meal give notice to them and ask for a staff curry

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

On a visit to family we thought it would be nice to order a curry from Mahdis as it had been recommended to us...
So after checking out a menu with all the usual, along with a nice selection of specials....we placed an order for Chicken Korma, Chicken Makan, Chicken Salli. Veg Biryani, Chicken Tikka rice, Saag Alloo and Keema Naan....
The Salli is served hot so i asked for it medium which is exactly as it came... the whole meal was just first class... My Salli was delicious, the Makan made a nice change to a Korma or Pasanda.... there was no real star as they were all excellent... id never had chicken tikka rice but would recommend it...
Just one pointer the Veg Biryani is a huge serving.... would be enough for two...

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Further to my previous review of 12th August, my wife and I have continued to order from this superb takeaway at least once every 2 weeks and I can say without any hesitation that the dishes continue to be of the highest quality and far more than enough for people with smallish appetites like us. Because we do not have transport and therefore require home delivery from the shop in Wroughton to our address in Eldene, I have taken to telephoning the takeaway during the past few weeks to check that they are able to provide us with home delivery as given the distance involved, it is not always feasible for them to deliver to us during busy periods. That said, we have only been disappointed on one occasion when the shop was unable to deliver to us because they were inundated with orders. To my mind, although this was disappointing for us at the time, it is nevertheless indicative of the enormous popularity of the takeaway because of the extremely high quality of food. A time estimate is always given when the order is accepted and we have never known that estimate to be exceeded with the delivery usually arriving much earlier. The food itself continues to be of the highest quality and far superior to any we have ever had from any takeaway/home delivery Bangladeshi restaurant in not just Swindon but other parts of the country in which we have both lived. Indeed, the food is better than that served in many Bangladesh restaurants in which we have eaten. As before, my staple diet of King Prawn Madras continues to contain the biggest, tastiest and most plentiful I have ever had from any other Bangladeshi takeaway or restaurant while my wife describes her usual Chicken Bhuna as plentiful, highly tasty and the best she has ever eaten. Our usual accompaniments of Large Plain Rice & Plain Naan are fluffy and delicious as are the Meat Samosas and the crispy Pappadums. To sum up, it is our opinion that this is by far and away the best Bangladeshi Home Delivery/Takeaway in Swindon and we have no hesitation in highly recommending Mahdi’s to anyone who wishes to enjoy high quality Bangladeshi food in the comfort of their own home. We would also like to take this opportunity of thanking Jazz and his colleagues for their help in taking my telephone orders and in delivering our food with a smile and a friendly chat.

79  Thank David_Dubery
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I was looking at hygiene ratings for Indian takeaways in and around Swindon and, I'm sad to say, my usual places have dropped down the scale. So, I was on the hunt for another deliverable curry and this one had a 5* hygiene rating. I wasn't sure if Mahdi's would deliver to me, being in West Swindon, but my order went through successfully. When the food arrived, the delivery driver was super apologetic about the delay and explained that they don't usually deliver in this area and it was an error that it went through. However, the food was 'melt in the mouth' delicious and we all thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. The portions were of a good size too. 2 curry's, a side dish and 1 rice fed an 8 month old, a 4 year old, a hungry mummy and a not so hungry daddy picking out random bits of chicken and repeating 'this is my last piece, it's lush' every time he reached for another one! I don't have takeaways very often but next time I fancy a curry, I will definitely be getting in the car and picking one up from Mahdi's. A 5* review for both the quality of the food and the customer service received. Plus huge appreciation for still delivering to me out of your usual area.