“One of the best in Sardinia ”

Ristorante Da Pasqualino
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Calasetta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Very good and honest food! Friendly staff! Very good ambiance! Good wine list. Very nice arragosta alla catalana! Very rich and interesting fregola! Good line of starters!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We went twice on a short holiday in Calasetta and were not disappointed with the recommendation. It is a no frills place with friendly service and honest fish dishes, includind the local cous cous de mare and the pasta with fish roe.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant that locals go to and were not disappointed. This is a typical trattoria restaurant specializing in fresh sea food from the area. Service was pleasant and prompt. We were given an after dinner drink on the house. I feel confidant in recommending this restaurant for a lunch or dinner. With wine the bill was about 35 per person. Felt it was a good value. The waiter was interested in us enjoying the meal.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2016

This place was recommended to us by a certain travel guide that is becoming way more miss than hit these days. Before I start, can I say that my partner's fish was rather good - if overpriced - as was the sweet cheese Sardinian dessert (when we eventually got it).
The fish soup was supposed to be the speciality of the house. It cost 20 euros. Yes that is 20 euros - for a soup. We were on holidays so we decided to push the boat out. What arrived was an oily, lukewarm mess of a dish. The actual liquid was inedible due to the grease. That and the fact that it was extremely unappetising. The fish was not fresh and tasted like it was bits and pieces that had been lying around the Chef's kitchen for a few days that he needed to get rid of. A sliver of boney fatty eel, a soggy shrimp (one) and a few mussels. Pathetic. An absolute joke.
I have never been so disappointed. To compound matters, when I complained, the waiter shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to ignore us for the next 60 mins. Adding insult to injury. Embarrassingly bad service plus such mediocre food that any decent Italian surely would be ashamed to serve it up?
These guys don't care. Really. What is going on with this place?

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 5 November 2016

I dined here on holiday with my wife and three teenage children. The waiters are very helpful and good fun. My wide had very small pasta (like cous cous) with seafood and I went for linguine and seafood. Both were really good dishes. My kids went for pizzas and tomato pasta. All of us had clean plates and fed well. We finished off with ice cream and for me a Seadas - a local pastry with cream cheese and honey. A couple of Amouris (local lliqueurs) rounded off a great evening.

Date of visit: October 2016