“Dinner with a view -- if you make a reservation!”
Review of La Caletta

La Caletta
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Calasetta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Had two family dinners at La Caletta during our week in Casaletta. The place is located on the beach, ensuring a wonderful sunset view - if you get a table on the terrace, that is. An early reservation (in the morning, or the day before) is highly recommended. Inside it gets really warm and sticky, so make sure to get a table outside.

The service is friendly, but very busy at times (the place gets packed after 0900PM).

Food is great with a typical selection of the region's seafood and pasta dishes, in addition to tasty pizzas, which went down very well with the kids. For starters, I'd highly recommend the Tuna Tatare. At 20EUR, it's not necessarily the cheapest of antipasti, but it's worth it! In general, all dishes we had lived up to our expectations at both our visits.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This place is a gem.
Situated by the sea and decorated in good taste.
Romantic, recommended for couples
If you make a reservation, you will surely have a table with a stunning view.

We arrived at 9pm, just in time to see a gorgeous sunset over the sea.

The food is excellent, from the seafood, to the pizza.

I ordered seafood - my husband ordered meats and pizza.
Both excellent !

My only complaint is that the starter plate was rather small, but extremely delicious.

I strongly recommend the white wine Spèra Siddùra, the best Vermentino I have EVER tasted, which set a new standard for me.

The restaurant is pricey, but well worth it for the quality of food, ambiance and service.

I very much appreciated the friendly service which appeared to be well surveying the tables, as the waitstaff approach your table as soon as you're done with a plate or a glass.

A memorable experience for food, wine and atmosphere.

I fully recommend.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

First! I've spent a lot of time in Calasetta -- and I've checked out ALL the pizza here, and the pizza at La Caletta is su-per-i-or. The best. My favorite: vegeteriana - replace the roasted red peppers with pomodoro fresca, and add gorgonzola. It's swimming in rich tastiness. Food is cook caringly, pizza isn't burned. Unless you want it! (Which everyone else seems to do for some reason.) Currently it's my favorite restaurant here.The fresh, local vegetables are divine, the view of the little bay is lovely at sunset, (they open at 7:30 - 7 I think for pizza-to-go?) Last night the price of a glass of excellent white wine was surprisingly inexpensive. If you're a vegetarian or a vegan you can tell them and they'll prepare an amazing pasta dish. They have gluten free pasta as well. They really aim-to-please. Cool couples and families too. Spacious and both classy and beach-friendly.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Don't go here. The food is good, but the staff has no idea what service is. Went here for a drink and the staff told us we had to be gone in 10 minutes, immediately after they served us our drinks. Apparently they had to prepare our table for dinner, but they only remembered this after taking our order. After we finished our drinks outside on the beach and asked for the bill, they thought it was only fair to charge us an additional service fee. Twice. This was really strange, since we never got any.

1  Thank Vincent S
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Literally an awful experience. A bill very high for a no service small portions and no wines available from the list. Don’t go there, it’s a favour you do to yourself.

1  Thank federica m