“90th Birthday Treat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ellerby
Price range: USD 0 - USD 32
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ellerby is open from 12 noon until 9pm every day. Our fayre is mainly standard traditional food done really well. Our steak pie, in particular, is a customer favourite and definitely worth trying. We have a lovely setting, provide great service, make good food and have a friendly team, all of which make The Ellerby a lovely place to have a lazy lunch or relaxing dinner. We have a 55 seater restaurant and are able to cater for large parties and special family occasions. We have daily specials and we also have a separate children's menu as well as a vegan and coeliac menu. We are especially busy on a Sunday and booking ahead is advisable.
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Very accommodating as usual, allowing early access to our table to decorate it with balloons, confetti etc - even had our cake delivered prior to celebration to ease the day. Staff very friendly and order taken succinctly. Very attentive staff throughout the meal never needing to leave the table for drinks even with a large party size. Food very good and offers of more veg and potatoes if required. Portion size very good for a food loving family. Thank you team Ellerby - you made a 90 year old and her family very happy!

Ellerby H, Owner at The Ellerby Country Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Brian N

Thank you for your review, we're so pleased you and your family enjoyed your time at The Ellerby.

We're very fortunate to have lots of special occasions celebrated here and it's great to see your positive feedback.

Your comments on our great team and food are really appreciated and I hope we will be welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Lovely starter although four king prawns a little tight?? Broccoli and Stilton soup a better choice.
Nine people for lunch. Everyone enjoying their main courses.
Brûlée for pudding. Raspberries extremely bitter and disappointing
Not the cheapest Sunday lunch but on the whole enjoyable.

Dear hderuby

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you gave us 5 stars overall for your experience.

Our Sunday lunches are massively popular and I think our price point is absolutely spot on given the quality of the food served and the amount of preparation our team do.

We are really experienced with family/large group bookings and I'm so pleased that everyone on your table enjoyed it.

I hope we will welcome you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 December 2016

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday, We had a main and a dessert and we enjoyed them, Lovely clean place and staff are friendly, We were taken to our table and asked what drinks we would like and offered a jug of water.

Main: Portions were large, I had vegetarian lasagne with chips and salad. The chips are homemade, the salad was fresh and crisp. My boyfriend had a leg of pork with all the trimmings which he enjoyed.

Desserts: I had the banana and raspberry split, It was nice but I got it because I couldn't see any chocolate fudge cake on the menu (It’s my favourite) My boyfriend got treacle sponge and custard, He said it was nice but could of done with more custard.

On leaving we got a receipt and we were charged 40p for water, most other places offer a jug of water and it’s usually free.

Dear LadyMuck29

Thank you for your review.

I really appreciate all of your positive comments and am pleased you overall enjoyed your birthday meal.

The chocolate fudge cake is on the childrens menu but we are happy to serve an adult size portion, we could also have rectified the custard comment very easily. Please do say something at the time and we will happily oblige with the cake and extra custard.

I'm afraid there has been a mistake with the water. We have never charged (nor ever will) for water unless of course you order bottled mineral water. Given the price quoted, I assume the 40p is for a splash of lemonade/coke in your alcoholic drink. However, please do check the receipt and contact me on georgie@ellerbyhotel.co.uk if a mistake has been made.

All the very best

Reviewed 23 November 2016

My wife and I booked in here for dinner by chance, mainly because we were unable to find anywhere else in the area that we fancied for a birthday meal. From the start the staff were very friendly and welcoming. It should go without saying...but regrettably its not always the case.
The restaurant was bright and beautifully set out. Although the food wasn't 'high end' it was good quality and good value as was the wine. I think the restaurant could easily offer, and charge for, top quality 'cheffy' dishes as this was a very pleasant place indeed and there isn't much offered in the area other than fish and chips, pies, sausages and mash etc.
Sometimes a special meal is required and this place, with a bit of 'tweakig' could be it; or perhaps they know what sells a lot better than I do!

Dear Ulmey1951

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated and made me smile.

Choosing the dishes we have on is always a tricky decision. Our main menu is used as our staples and bestsellers and we use the specials menu to diversify the options and trial new dishes. We change the specials menu frequently.

We have tested more 'fine dining' options to average success. Customers who eat them enjoy them but few order them. We will continue adding them in as I like to see a range of options and new dishes available.

And finally, thank you for your kind comments on our team. They are great.

I hope you will visit us again, kind regards.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

The Ellerby Country Inn was recommended to us by family and friends, so this was our first visit. It won't be the last. This is a heart-warmingly friendly place with exceptionally good food.. Staff were excellent. Beautifully clean and well presented. We will return.

Dear meg b

What a lovely review, thank you.

I am so delighted the recommendation from your friends and family was justified. Your comments on our food, cleanliness and our team are really appreciated and will be shared with them.

Sunday lunches at The Ellerby are really popular and book up fast so I hope you will join us again in the future.

Kind Regards