“Quiet accomodation in the middle of Cornwall”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 5 The Barns

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Heleend70
“Quiet accomodation in the middle of Cornwall”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Friendly reception to a clean and well equiped holiday home in a rural setting.
Little shop at the corner of the road. Ideal situated to discover Cornwall.

13 Jul 2017
Very nice to meet you, hope you make the trip from The Netherlands again.
MariaD48p...
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The accommodation was very clean but there was no chest of drawers in the bedroom which did have room for one and could do with a bin also. In the bathroom the sink was very small we just about managed with it but the shower was good. This is a good location for touring round Cornwall. We did not receive our fifty pounds damage deposit for ten days after we left, when it could have been sent to us much quicker (how long does it take to check a cottage)? The details in the cottage said if we were not out by 10am it would be kept, which we thought was aggressive and not necessary. Overall a peaceful location for a short stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
30 Sep 2016
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
I will address deposits through Trip Advisor/ Holiday lettings, I do not personally receive the deposit, therefore I cannot forward this directly.
I do agree it is a little slow but it is out of my hands, literally.
We do work on a very short turnover schedule with limited Staff, my wife & I, therefore we are reliant on guests leaving on time. We have had instances where guests leave after this causing issues for us.
I would like to invite you to stay with us again, come direct, a deposit will not be taken as you have been before.
Roam66548...
“Good location, comfortable accomodation and friendly helpfull host.”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We had a pleasant 3 night stay and this appartment suited our needs exactly to visit this part of the North Coast of Cornwall. My wife spotted a kingfisher in the stream right outside which was an added bonus! We would be happy to visit again.

Liked best: location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Sep 2016
Many thanks for your kind review, you were lucky to see the elusive Kingfisher, I've never seen it personally. Hopefully I'll see you again soon.
Smyecan
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Excellent Self Catering”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Exactly as described. A quiet, clean and very comfortable self catering base for exploring West Cornwall starting with the charming Portreath just a couple of miles down the road. Many thanks to James and his parents for such a warm welcome. We hope to return as soon as we can! :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, secluded with attractive surroundings
Liked least: Our week went too quickly :-)
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
28 Aug 2016
Thank you for your review, was very nice to meet you all.
see you all again next year.
2016NEC
Watford, United Kingdom
“An amazing place!”
Reviewed 23 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I cannot praise the quality of this accommodation enough. I am very slightly OCD and travel with anti-bacterial wipes. The flat was so clean that I didn't even take them out the bag! The setting is tranquil and the accommodation was extremely comfortable. The kitchen contained all of the necessities and we were able to eat in for most of our meals. We were treated very warmly by James' parents, even when we accidentally mislaid a key. I would 100% recommend this accommodation and plan on returning again sometime. Thank you for your hospitality.

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
28 Feb 2016
Than you for your kind review, I hope to meet you personally next time.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing