“Evening meal”

Launceston Fryers
Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: USD 1 - USD 14
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were served by a very professional and polite young man who was pleasant throughout our visit. I had the fish and chips meal deal which came with a cup of tea, mushy peas, bread and butter, which was very nice indeed. With a nice portion of fish cooked to perfection as were the chips. My wife had battered sausage and a portion of chips again and a pot of tea this meal was also very delicious.
The price was very reasonable and the restaurant was very clean.

There are newer reviews for Launceston Fryers

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Service was slow but worth it as we were served one of the best pieces of fish we have ever eaten.
Generous portions.
Polite professional team.
Clean.

No toilet paper in the loo!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Not that many options in the town for eating, so thinking safe we chose this place. Very clean and the staff are very friendly. The portions were fantastic for the children and whilst it all was fair it could have been a little warmer. Have to say price is very attractive.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Two of us had the fish and chips and the fish was beautifully cooked, crispy batter, moist fleshy fish but oh dear the chips were terrible we do not know what they had done to them. Awful texture, no flavour just hope it was a one off bad day? The other meal was chicken pie and it was terrible, soggy pastry hardly any meat and tasteless gravy, same chips as above. We were served by a couple of nice youngsters who unfortunately did not appear to be trained in dealing with customer dissatisfaction. We hope that next time perhaps the fare will have improved.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were on our way to Southampton after my grandsons 7th birthday at St Austell. We left there about 6pm and we both were hungry because the food was for kids and not adults. We decided to get fish and chips on the way but there were none to be found as we left St Austell. I said that Bodmin is just up the road but the first exit to Bodmin was closed and the second exit was extremely difficult to work out. Never mind Launceston is the next town not too far away. I drove into the town and parked at the first car park and we went on foot to see what Launceston had to offer. As I had no cash I went ahead to a bank and used the cash machine and as I returned to my wife she said that there was a fish and chip restaurant across the road. We had found Launceston fryers and we went in and were shown to a seat. At first glance Launceston fryers restaurant looked very clean and respectable with plenty of customers waiting for take away which was a good sign to me. The very pleasant young man brought across the menus and my wife said they do senior portions with bread and butter and a tea. The waiter apologised and said that there was a small wait as they were busy. I didn't mind as he bothered to tell us about a delay. About 10 minutes of waiting and our food was brought out and it was the best fish and chips that I've ever had. The batter was light and crisp and the was fish perfectly cooked. The bread was real bread cut from a loaf and the tea pots didn't dribble tea as we poured. My wife agreed about the standard of cooking also. When the nice waiter brought our food he asked if we would like any thing else and I asked for tomato sauce. He brought out a sachet and he pointed out that it had been cut in a corner so we didn't have to struggle. Top marks go to the waiter. We finished our senior portions and drank our tea and I rose to pay the bill. Once we had left and were on our way we agreed that it was nice of Bodmin to make itself hard to visit because we had just found the best fish and chip shop in the country. We also said we'll visit again our way from St Austell to Southampton.