“Good Food”

Spice Room
Ranked #20 of 49 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: USD 20 - USD 27
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Spice room truly distinctive an inimitable Indian cuisine. Prepare to taste the finest, freshest, and most authentic Indian dishes in Cornwall! We hope you will come and enjoy a top quality Indian meal in our fully licensed restaurant. All our chefs are trained to the highest standard in Indian food preparation, dedicated and friendly service, the finest ingredients and beautiful surroundings has made the restaurant a firm favourite for locals and visitors alike. We offer a mix of new and signature dishes. We consider Spice Room to be a truly "Indian" restaurant honouring many different cooking traditions and interpreting them with our unique creative vision. We promise you a meal you will never forget.
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We live 12 miles from Launceston and traveled to this restaurant on 24/07/17 for a meal, it did not disappoint us well worth the trip. We have also been on a Sunday night and had the banquet, good price and loads of food.
All in all if they keep going like this I will give them a 5 next time.
Jerry

There are newer reviews for Spice Room

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Fab meal in the middle of Launceston on a Sunday night...

A reduced menu, as it was "eat all you can" night or something - however I fail to see how anyone would eat more than one round of their food!

Tasty and filling - starter. Main course, rice and side - very nice!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Probably the worst curry in a long while, young staff tried hard but were hopelessly confused, messed up orders and drinks and bill. Food was very poor. Menu was ambitious but probably best to stick to very simple things and hope they work well. Left without finishing the food.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We have hesitated as to which Indian restaurant to go to over the last two years in Launceston but have erred on the side of the Spice Room. It has always seemed to have a good atmosphere. Tonight was no exception. Food fabulous and despite a large group in when we were there, the service was prompt and pleasant. The only reason I've given it a 4 is that I do expect a modicum of attention when serving wine. Firstly the wrong wine was brought over. Not a biggie. It happens. But when the right wine arrived it was unceremoniously left on the table unopened and with no cooler to place it in. I was forced to taste it myself, pour it and hope it stayed chilled for the remainder of the evening. That's not 5* service.
So yes we will return. We love the restaurant. We love the food. But please up your game on the wine front! Thank you.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Visited with family, we were returning from France and were late. Needed a good meal after a long day and were not disappointed. My family have visited many times but was my first visit. The restaurant is well presented with plenty of room and lovely service. The food was delicious, one of the best Indian meals I have had, looking forward to visiting again when I am down that way