“Cowslip ”
Review of Cowslip Cafe

Cowslip Cafe
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Launceston
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our cafe serves a selection of home made dishes from locally sourced suppliers, many of our vegetables are home grown. We are open from 10 - 4.30pm every day. We serve a fabulous Roast on Sundays and hot and cold dishes throughout the week. Our cream teas are very popular too!
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Great place, very good value, friendly staff. Highly recommended. Nice surroundings lovely views. The vegetable garden supplies the kitchen, so it couldn't be more local. The workshops look very well run.

2  Thank steve j
There are newer reviews for Cowslip Cafe

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Interesting set up with all the craft space and quilting shop etc - the food tastes home-cooked and is delicious and interesting with plenty of choice. The gardens are delightful and the view over Launceston - with the castle at the top - is gorgeous. My only criticism is that the loo could be slightly less "quirky"!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Cowslip cafe hosted my 60th birthday party last night and it couldn't have been a more wonderful experience. Stunning location, natural and beautiful. Staff, especially chef Andrew, were a total delight, attentive and efficient without being intrusive to the celebrations, and the food was amazing. I cannot recommend it enough. Not normally open for evening meals, but for a private party they will cater for 30 or more. Lesley

4  Thank Lesley Y
CowslipWorkshops, Owner at Cowslip Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Hi Lesley just to say thank you so much from us all we loved having you, Jo

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is an interesting place with its workshops and gardens all of which are accessible and I found the fresh ingredients waiting for the kitchen to call for them, particularly attractive.
Lunch was delightful and the accompanying salad (I could have stood more), was free of the ubiquitous raw red onion. What would have improved it, however, would have been some dressing.
I chose the vegetable moussaka, Lady Golding opted for a leek quiche (one of the best either of us could remember being served) and the third member of our group chose beef casserole on a jacket potato.
All dishes were of a high standard and mine was particularly tasty.
I had courgette cake for dessert which was delicious. The coffee was indifferent but all the food was outstanding.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and her family had been here several times in the past and always came home cooing over the lunch they'd enjoyed. So, a few days ago, we happened to be in the area and she suggested Cowslip for a little treat. Didn't take very much persuasion....

A working farm with a great name for quilting courses and other such pastimes. All 'top-drawer' I'm led to believe...a very talented lady with a skill and enthusiasm that became a successful business, too, but supporting many others to explore their creative talents.

Good quality home-cooking in a very comfortable pleasant atmosphere, served by very efficient smiling staff...what's not to like. I opted for the lamb tagine with wild rice and it was, well, okay. It was well-cooked and presented, a good portion with lovely fresh ingredients.

With apologies to Andrew the chef...for me, it was just a little on the bland side. I think I'd anticipated something with just a little more flavour. Purists would say you could really taste the lamb, the vegetables, the rice. I would just have liked a little more positive reaction from my 'taste-buds' to complete the otherwise very positive overall experience.

We spoilt ourselves by sharing a generous helping of a wonderful fruit cake...and were impressed that the waitress intuitively brought us each a cake-fork, despite only one of us ordering a 'sweet' follow-up. Said much for the ambience, the 'feel' and the general quality of everything being offered.

The pot of tea, the crockery, the furniture...all lovely. I'm feeling a bit bad about the tagine comment, now, but...gotta be honest, eh! I'm sure most would find it just to their taste. For me, just a little bland. Sorry!

I will return, though. Soon, I hope.

1  Thank Bearf00t