“Top Spot for a Stop on the Way to Penzance”
Review of The Coffee Pot

The Coffee Pot
Ranked #22 of 48 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: USD 3 - USD 11
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2017

If you are on your way to the tip of Cornwall and you can hold out until Launceton before stopping for refreshments- thereby skipping the dreadful cafes on the A30 after Exeter - then you wont find better for freshness and value.

We stumbled across it 'cos the stops on the A30 were packed so we pulled off at Launceton - and how pleased we were that we did!

We parked up, and my wife and I, along with our three g/children, had a lovely breakfast that was well presented by pleasant staff - and was good value.

There is a good second hand bookshop in the arcade too if you're looking for something to read in the evening.

Well worth thinking about if you're going that way

Jo W, Owner at The Coffee Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review. I'm very glad that you lasted until Launceston to break your journey and that we were able to meet your needs.
I shall pass your comments onto the staff concerned - it is always good to give them positive feedback.
I hope you enjoy your time in Cornwall - maybe stop and see us in your way home?

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My cycling friends and I found this delightful cafe on a bank holiday Monday after cycling 50 miles from Kingsbridge in Devon. We had the 5 item breakfast as we were all flagging which consisted of a plate of food which was delicious and freshly cooked and at £3.50 represented excellent valve. The service was faultless, nothing was too much trouble, the only due side is it's a 100 mile round trip for or cycle club. Highly recommend, if we're in the area again we'll definitely drop in.

Jo W, Owner at The Coffee Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

What a shame you are so far away Nick. I agree that 100 miles is rather a long way to come for breakfast! I'm very pleased that all went well with your visit to the Coffee Pot and that you were able to keep an eye on your bikes. I shall feedback to the staff involved in looking after you that you were so pleased.
Enjoy the cycling and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We called in here on our way home after a weeks holiday in Cornwall. Lovely little café with friendly staff. My husband had the 5 piece breakfast, which he said was well worth the money and nicely cooked. I had a jacket potato with side salad and Cornish cheddar cheese which was delicious. The coffee was very hot (a good thing!) and tasted good. We didn't have a problem that it was cash only! In all a very good lunch stop!

Jo W, Owner at The Coffee Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you WitchWimborne for taking the trouble to review the Coffee Pot. I'm very glad you both enjoyed your food and found the service up to standard. We pride ourselves on being friendly. I'm also glad that you appreciated the hot coffee (we do get comparisons with national chains whose coffee can be tepid).
Hope you pop in again if you are down on holiday again.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

this is the first time for many years I have walked out of a restaurant after sitting down. My wife wanted to use the toilet to be told that there was none. She was directed to the nearest car park which was 3 min away.

Whilst she was away, the waiter asked me if I wanted to order something, not noting the conventionality that you wait for the parties to be seated before taking orders.

When Françoise returned she asked if there was anything gluten-free. The waiter was not sure what the range gluten free was but went upstairs and found a quiche with bacon which since my wife does not eat meat did not help.

Although 95% of establishments take cards, I did not see a card machine in evidence so I did ask and he said, terribly sorry, no we don't take credit cards. At that point I should have told him to put a notice up saying cash only but I became so irritated by the amateur service that we left.

The message is there's no point in someone dressing up as a waiter if they have no idea how to behave, and they do not have a knowledge of the workings of the restaurant.

I fully admit I may have caught them on a bad day but why oh why do you not have credit cards. Getting a terminal is so easy these days and it is a courtesy to the customer who otherwise would have to run round to obtain some cash.

Monday 10th January 1.30 pm

Jo W, Owner at The Coffee Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

I was disappointed to read your comments Brian. Legally, as I do not have a liquor licence I do not have to provide public toilets. Additionally the Environmental Health Officer has strictly prohibited the use of the upstairs toilet by customers on safety and hygiene grounds.
We do offer a range of items made on the premises using gluten free ingredients as stated on the menu and on the while board. However, occasionally we run out of an item and your waiter was quite correct to check what we had in stock. I understand that initially that your wife accepted the bacon and cheese quiche before you reminded her that it contained meat.
With regard to credit cards it does state quite clearly on the front of the menu that we are unable to accept credit or debit cards.
I receive a lot of compliments from customers about how well the staff perform so I am sorry that you are unable to concur with those opinions.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Myself and the hubby had the 5 item breakfast, it arrived freshly cooked,nice and hot and very tasty indeed. The price was very reasonable so if you have a huge appetite you can afford to order 2 though it was more than adequate for our needs. The staff were friendly and there's a very pleasant atmosphere. We asked what a Chipple pie was and after having the pie shown to us by a very friendly helpful lady,and the ingredients explained we bought 2slices to take home. It was delicious. We will definitely go back and try their other specials.

Jo W, Owner at The Coffee Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you for your review Tammy. I remember serving you and explaining the chipple pie!
I'm glad it travelled well and that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for taking the trouble to write a review.