“Tired hotel, awful night's sleep”

INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Aschheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 8 years ago and in between it hasn't changed much. On the positive side the staff are helpful and pleasant. And it is clean and well maintained. But the hotel is dated in real need of a refresh. The biggest problem is awful sleep. The beds are the usual small double with two single duvets. The 'pillows' are large squares full of feathers which you fold in half. Awful. May as well sleep on a towel. The rooms are on the warm side and outside my room spotlights were on all night which, even with the curtains closed, gave the impression of daylight. My sleep is one of the worst in a hotel and I stay away a lot.
On a more basic level several of my colleagues key cards didn't work. Apparently the batteries in the lock needed replacing - so replace them! After 3 days they are still using keys.
Primarily we booked it because of its proximity to the Messe - perhaps that's why it's survived despite its blandness.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I am a repeater guest of the hotel since Jul 2013 and a platinum member of MeliaRewards loyalty program (card # 302966033D).
My last stay was from 23/10 till 01/11. In advance I have requested a room facing the street side. In exchange I was accommodated to a room facing the inner yard, which I hate. As I had a long-term stay of 9 nights, I asked the reception to relocate me as soon as possible, taking into consideration busy Messe period.
Unfortunately, no one got back to me with any kind of information or offer in the course of my stay.
As a cherry on a cake, housekeeping threw away my personal paper bags, standing in the room (apart from the borders of a garbage can). I cannot understand why the staff disliked my bags; in the meanwhile I planned to use it while packing my clothes and really missed it. Also someone took an opened bottle of wine from the fridge. Thank you for leaving me my cheese and yogurt on Sunday, when all supermarkets in the area are closed. At least I had something to eat. I have never experienced such a general room cleaning over the last 4 years of visiting Innside Neue Messe. However the cleaners had better to wash the floors in a more accurate way rather than take my personal belongings. I had a big spot on the floor of a restroom over my whole stay.
The hotel looks quite "tired" since the years go by; I had a big spot of rust in the sink (room #227).
On the weekend no one fulfilled my free mini bar.
Over the busy period of Messe, breakfast met me with empty buffet plates. There was not enough staff for fully booked period. Service was slow and not efficient. The same applies to reception.
Awful experience, I’m very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The hotel is nice. Price is ok.
We stay there a lot a lot. recently there were many problems with housekeeping. They trow away personal things and took the forgotten and lost things without informing. the fron dest has no idea what is going on. each next day the new fromt desk is not informed about the currect problems.
not even once we were offered to carry the luggage to the room.
the breakfast bacame poor.
I expect more careness as I want to feel home when I stay there for long periods.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel was just 13 min walking to the train station but a bit far from central of Munich. Nothing around in the evening. The room was nice but the only issue i had they didn’t release the money that they blocked for guarantee of the reservation so make sure when you pay the check out to ask to release the money blocked.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The room we got did not suit for a business trip with colleagues since the shower is transparent in the middle of the rooom. We had to go to the gym to shower alone. The third bed was a child bed even though we paid adult prices.The breakfast is very good but expensive. Staff is good.

Room Tip: Bathroom hardly exist in the rooms