“Incredible day glassblowing with Ricky”
Review of Creative Vibe

Creative Vibe
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Ampthill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I found this online randomly and didn't know what to expect, after all, glassblowing is not an every day hobby. I arrived expecting to find other students but they didn't turn up so I ended up having a one to one. Ricky was extremely patient with each step, it sounded a little daunting initially but he kept repeating the steps so there was no need to worry. We started with a paperweight (not blown), then a little sculpture, a bowl, then a vase. It was incredible how much we did in one day. Ricky was really friendly and happy to talk about his works and discussing techniques and ideas. The blowing part was quite hard for me but it was really wonderful afterwards seeing the piece of glass growing on size (albeit very slowly). Ricky helped all the way through and he will sand the glass down and send it to you. It's was an amazing day and I definitely want to go back. You can go with a friend or on your own. Do bring your own lunch though to eat on the grass. You need to be positive, have a lot of patience, keep calm, and just have fun! Great place to make presents, learn a skill, or make a Christmas gift.

All reviews
"piece"
in 6 reviews
"items"

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I have taken both the beginners and the intermediate classes with Ricky and Creative Vibe Glass Studio. Both days were really great fun, and Ricky is a very attentive and patient teacher, spending time to explain things carefully and clearly and making and effort to advise and help students create something both individual and beautiful. It was a great day and was packed with information and the small class size means that you get a lot of one-on-one tuition. I would highly recommend it and if I get a chance would love to go back again!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I purchased a day's glassblowing teaching and creating with Ricky Keech at Creative Vibe, as a Christmas gift for my husband.
During the day we learned bout the craft of glassmaking, about materials and tools and how to shape glass pieces. We made three items each: a paperweight, a glass sculpture and a vase.
Ricky is a patient, calm and friendly instructor who clearly has a passion and great talent for glass making.
I would recommend this experience without reservation.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Always fancied having a go at 'Glass blowing' so searched the web and booked the 'Beginners course' with Ricky at 'Creative vibe' . We didn't really have any expectations of what to expect or what we would be doing but what a fantastic day it turned out to be. Ricky is a very nice bloke and his relaxed manner and no rush teaching techniques made the day an absolute joy. The class size of just two people is just right. You both keep busy throughout the day but you also get the opportunity to take a breather and have a drink which is good as hot glass working on hot summers day certainly cooks up a thirst. We both got to make four pieces of work starting with a simple glass globe all the way up to a glass vase. To be honest we were both proud of what we made and are looking forward to putting them on display when they arrive by post. We will both definitely be doing this again and would highly recommended this to anyone who fancies doing something a little bit different.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Quite simply this is one of the best days out we’ve had! From the moment we arrived we felt very welcomed by Ricky and it seemed like only minutes before we were collecting glass from the furnace! Ricky’s training is very personable, one-on-one and paced at just the right speed to keep you working all day! We’re thrilled with the pieces that we made (4 each) and together with the photos they now serve as mementos of our great day! Thank you Ricky!