“One of the best days out we've had!”
Review of Creative Vibe

Creative Vibe
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Ampthill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Quite simply this is one of the best days out we’ve had! From the moment we arrived we felt very welcomed by Ricky and it seemed like only minutes before we were collecting glass from the furnace! Ricky’s training is very personable, one-on-one and paced at just the right speed to keep you working all day! We’re thrilled with the pieces that we made (4 each) and together with the photos they now serve as mementos of our great day! Thank you Ricky!

All reviews
"piece"
in 6 reviews
"items"

Reviewed 11 February 2016

This activity was a present from my girlfriend, and the day was absolutely fantastic. Had a blast learning how to craft glass. Ricky was patient and friendly. Each step was well explained, and fun. Every piece you make builds on the knowledge you gained from the previous piece. I loved it, and look forward to trying again!

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Day's glass blowing course with Ricky Keech in Ampthill was fantastic. I was amazed at how much I managed to learn, and more importantly, create in a day. Day was run in a relaxed, informative manner - Ricky took the time to listen to what I wanted to make - and we incorporated colour and shape accordingly. Only two people on the course meaning lots of time to create, but also to rest a little whilst the other person did theirs! Can't recommend it highly enough - it was a really fun day. NB take a packed lunch with you. The workshop is up a narrow track - you can drive up there, but there is a long stay car park on the outskirts of Ampthill at £2.50 a day if you prefer, and it is then a short walk up the hill.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Ricky ran a 1 day workshop with me last week. He was an excellent teacher - friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and able to convey all of the different technical aspects effortlessly. The workshop itself was very well structured -- we tried a lot of different blown glass techniques - colouring, working the material, and so on. We moved quickly through the different process, but I never felt overwhelmed due to the teaching. I was amazed how much we got done in 1 day, and I have a great set of finished pieces at the end. I would definitely recommend this course. :) ~Jeg

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

This was a surprise gift from hubby as I'd always fancied glass blowing. From the first interaction to the end of the day nothing was a problem. Ricky was friendly, experienced, passionate and explained everything clearly.

As the course was only for two people we had his full attention and plenty of time to create three pieces each. He was even polite enough to call a wonky vase organic :)

We learnt so much and thoroughly enjoyed the day, even with the awful weather. We managed to experiment with some new materials incorporating copper wire as our anniversary was copper this year.

We can't recommend these days highly enough and look forward to one day returning to make more glass creations. Thanks for a special day.